The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

M5-Guy

Iver,Peter,Leif,Dragos Such Amazing Film Work!!!:thumbs:
Thanks... I am really liking "Real City Street Photography"...the weekends are near impossible to find an "On-Street" parking space. This next 2 months are loaded with "Walk for Charity" events, and many street slots are blocked off.:(

So M-F are the days I can pick from, when I go out...

bensonga

Another from the big trucks for sale lot. :D

Pentax 67II, SMCP 105mm f2.4 lens, Ilford Pan F (expired August 1998)

leif e

Back from a week in southern Spain, my neck´s aching from the scanning syndrom. These are from the Bolonia beach between Tarifa and Cádiz. A very windy place in September.
FM2n, 2,8/55 Micro-Nikkor, Arista 400 in XTOL 1+1

Lloyd

Very kewl shots, Leif. I actually used to live in that area... Near Puerto de Santa Maria. I was stationed in the military at the base in Rota, across the bay from Cadiz, and then stayed in Spain for a while after I was discharged. Love to see more of your shots from there!

jbcrane

So much good stuff!

Every time I come bck to Tri-x and XTLO after straying I realize how much I like te combo. Still sanning the mountain shots; this is one of them (Arista, ATOL 1+1)

FM2n, 2,8/55 Micri-Nikkor

leif e
Very beautiful Tri-X shot. I too am a fan.

leif e

Now, that is interesting - and those shots are good looking, Peter. I have a few rolls of Neopan 400 waiting in line for souping and had convinced myself I´d do them in XTOL as well. Now I might want to rethink. I always find Rodinal a bit scary, especially when diluted 1+25. I might need to be brave.:D

By the way, thanks all for kind words! And John; those Tri-X shots are gorgeous!

leif e

leif e

A couple of attempts from the old town of Cadiz. I (well; we) have really gotten to love that place. Kind atmosphere, room for the old, the very young and everyone in between. Lloyd might recognize some of the streets :D
Still the FM2n and the 55 Micro-Nikkor, Arista (Tri-X) 400 in XTOL 1+1

M5-Guy

Now, that is interesting - and those shots are good looking, Peter. I have a few rolls of Neopan 400 waiting in line for souping and had convinced myself I´d do them in XTOL as well. Now I might want to rethink. I always find Rodinal a bit scary, especially when diluted 1+25. I might need to be brave.:D

By the way, thanks all for kind words! And John; those Tri-X shots are gorgeous!

leif e
I did use 640 ISO, and soup for the 800 time and temp..

ALSO: Using Rodinal, usually means to shoot over expose by 2/3 to 1 stop normally, but with pushing, use the next higher ISO: REG for ISO 400, = 320 or 250 but use the 400 time.....Pushing for ISO 400 to 640, use the 800 time... Standard agitation (every 1m for 10s)

They were very slightly low contrast, but, good for scanning...
I also agitated every 2m for 10s by spinning.... so about 3 agitations total. I will go to 1m agitation next time around...(that will build up the contrast to my liking). But, I only have a few rolls left, and, I am now going to shoot Ilford Delta Pro 400 for the next 33/meters.. a little tighter grain..

A very special moment for me - the first time photographing a snake in the wild. This is a tiger snake which we nearly stepped over on a walk through a rural property on Kangaroo Island in South Australia. They have pretty strong venom.

[/url]
Serpent by dragonblade712003, on Flickr[/IMG]

The snake was actually jet black in real life. The reason it appears grey is probably reflective glare off the scales. I'd also have to mention that it was an overcast day in winter - when you would least expect to see a snake out in the open.

Captured with a Canon FTb and Vivitar 135mm lens, Fujicolor Superia 200 - pushed half a stop.