The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks Lloyd

This was taken in our balmy Canadian winter last weekend. Zeiss Ikon Taxona (1952)
Ilford Delta 100/Diafine

Keith

Lloyd

Very classic look to this one as well. Love those vintage lenses. Of course it doesn't hurt that I'm the same vintage as the lens. ;)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Keith, Very nice work. The Contax planar lens has such a nice rendering. Niagra falls is really nice and I like the way that you included the camera in the photo.
I'd love to see a picture of the Taxona. I've never heard of it.

Lloyd

Keith, Very nice work. The Contax planar lens has such a nice rendering. Niagra falls is really nice and I like the way that you included the camera in the photo.
I'd love to see a picture of the Taxona. I've never heard of it.
Plus 1... on both counts. :thumbs:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
For Cindy and Lloyd - here is the Taxona:
No rangefinder or meter. The big knob on the right cocks the shutter and advances the film. Original case.

Keith

seakayaker

Thank you Cindy, Joe, Godfrey and Lloyd for your kind words, they are always appreciated!

Keith, strong work as usual, love the city scape and Niagra falls!

Godfrey, the Chair and Blinds is wonderful, love the texture and grain! . . . . . also the polaroid of the egg on the plate is eye candy, love the pattern that runs through the whole photograph, a lovely capture!

ReeRay, a beautiful black and white, showing off your skill with the Contax G 21mm lens, love the composition.

Joe, love the coils, sharp detail with the soft bokeh, very nice. Also the photograph of Jim is spot on the focus with a perfect DOF.

. . . . . Jim also posted a great portait of you Joe! That is a keeper!

Nice to have a moment for a little feedback.

seakayaker

A couple of more photographs taken with the Mamiya 7II

Tentacles at the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks ~ Seattle, WA

Outdoor Classroom ~ Center for Wooden Boats ~ Seattle, WA

ReeRay

Great tones Dan and frightening amount of detail from that big 'ole 6x7. I really must resist - too many cameras as it is!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Great tones Dan and frightening amount of detail from that big 'ole 6x7. I really must resist - too many cameras as it is!
+ a million. Love the second one. Can't wait to start shooting film MF myself. Picking up a mint GX680 in 6 weeks. A bit bulkier than your Mamiya, but still :)

Godfrey

Love that B&W image, Dan. And thank you for the comment.

Put together a little gallery of eight SX-70 exposures with my second pack of The Impossible Project film, this time the Silver Shade emulsion. This is one of my favorites:

The slideshow for the gallery is here: Polaroid SX-70 - Impossible Silver Shade film

The look created by this camera and these films is unique, I like it a lot. :)

enjoy,
G

Lloyd

Terrific work G. Loved the slideshow too. The first two shots, and the one later, with the egg on the plate, are simply stellar!!!

johnnygoesdigital

View attachment 55474Where to start?

Godfrey, absolutely love the banana and egg, i'm thinking Kertesz! Dan (seakayaker) great photo's too. The Mamiya lenses really do stand out, wonderful contrast!

Here's another of my happy place. 6x12 Nikkor 65mm Tmax 100

Last edited: