The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Love that B&W image, Dan. And thank you for the comment.

Put together a little gallery of eight SX-70 exposures with my second pack of The Impossible Project film, this time the Silver Shade emulsion. This is one of my favorites:

The slideshow for the gallery is here: Polaroid SX-70 - Impossible Silver Shade film

The look created by this camera and these films is unique, I like it a lot. :)

enjoy,
G
Godfrey - really like these photos - the one of the glasses especially :thumbs:

Cheers,

Godfrey

Joe, Dan, Johnny et al:

Thanks for the comments and compliments!

One thing I'm a little disturbed by is how hard it is to scan the polaroids without Newton Rings appearing because of the glossy surface of the prints. Particularly with the Impossible films. So tonight I'm going to try a new method of scanning them to eliminate this problem... The madness never ends, you know. ;-)

Godfrey

JimCollum

ditto! fantastic series.. i've had my old SX70 sitting here on my self for years, and had been thinking about getting some film for it.... I think i'll have to now

great work Godfrey!!!

Put together a little gallery of eight SX-70 exposures with my second pack of The Impossible Project film, this time the Silver Shade emulsion. This is one of my favorites:

The slideshow for the gallery is here: Polaroid SX-70 - Impossible Silver Shade film

enjoy,
G

johnnygoesdigital

Godfrey, can you use a plate of glass to alleviate the rings?

Lloyd, thank you for the comments...this section of the forum is so much more civil, and one of my favorites!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

enjoy,
G
Tres kewl :thumbup:

Godfrey

Godfrey, can you use a plate of glass to alleviate the rings? ...
the rings are produced by partial contact of the shiny surfaces. you have to either roughen the surfaces or separate them. If you roughen the surfaces, you tend to lose sharpness; separation works better, as long as you stay within the DoF of the scanner lens array.

The issue is compounded by my original desire to capture the whole print, including border, but I've since become convinced that I'll focus on capturing the image only and can add the print border when desired via layers in PS.

G

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks for the kind words on the Niagara shot. Right time, right place, and right reflection :D
I collect film point and shoot cameras - the kind where you just press the button but it takes care of exposure and focus. The only way I can suffer the delay time be taking and seeing my pictures is to use Black and White self processed in Diafine. It is so easy, very forgiving and the images scan well. So my stuff won't be super contrasty.
This one was also done in digital and posted on the GXR thread up there. But I happened to have my GR1s with me and repeated the shot. "Cozy Tree in Winter"

Keith

More shots with the Contax 645.

Color shots with Velvia 100.

First blush of Spring

Took this near sunset under very hazy light - the color is funky but that's just like it turned out.

Some B&W - Efke 100 pushed to 200 - I've been incorporating B&W into my landscape work more and more - I like these results.

Tree in fog

Meadow in fog

Redwoods

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Godfrey

lovely set, Joe. The only one that doesn't 'fit' in this set well is the rather hard edged redwoods shot ... the others have a softer, more delicate look.

That one, by itself, is good—I'd like to see some deeper tones in it, in general;the highlights seem slightly hot on my screen—and would probably shine better with other harder-edged photos.

G