The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

lovely set, Joe. The only one that doesn't 'fit' in this set well is the rather hard edged redwoods shot ... the others have a softer, more delicate look.

That one, by itself, is good—I'd like to see some deeper tones in it, in general;the highlights seem slightly hot on my screen—and would probably shine better with other harder-edged photos.

G
Thanks for the comments Godfrey!

My main editing screen is setup for printing at a brightness of 160 and gamma of 1.8 - I try to compensate for photos I post on the web but sometimes they can look bright ;)

I'll go back and take a look at it on a "normal" screen.

Cheers,

buggz

Quick one from this weekend, cheap scanner, I see lots of dust, etc, sigh...
I gotta learn all this scanner stuff now.
Especially the resolution stuff.
I scanned at 4800dpi, makes a HUGE file!
I definately don't understand it.
Not that good, but it's a start,
I'm a newbie who STILL needs to learn how to load sheet film into holders.
Sinar f2 4x5 - Sinaron S 180mm - f5.6 - Fuji Instant FP-100C45

Bought a used Minolta film scanner and started scanning some old color negatives I took while working in Japan some 23 years ago.

The film is faded and I attempted some adjustments to bring back the color but wasn't too aggressive as I rather like the faded look to these photos.

These really bring back some memories after all this time - great fun to revisit photos I haven't looked at for many years but also interesting to see how my photographic style has changed since those days :)

I believe these were taken with my Yashica SLR and the film varies - some is Konica 100 and some is Kodak Gold 100 & 400.

Three monks and a lady in red :)

Wedding procession - I like the eye contact with the groom.

Guardian of the shrine.

Fisherman.

Little Geisha ;-)

This little girl was very proud of her outfit and really wanted her photo taken ;-)

Night out with my fellow ex-pats.

Shot of Mito at night - this was the closest "big" city near where I was working.

Thanks for looking.

Went to Wilder State Park last weekend - they have some very cool old farming buildings and equipment you can tour.

Contax 645 with Provia 100.

Red Tractor

Window

Behind Bars

Thanks for looking.

Lloyd

Went to Wilder State Park last weekend - they have some very cool old farming buildings and equipment you can tour.

Contax 645 with Provia 100.

Window

Thanks for looking.
Great set, Joe. This one with the flags in the window is simply stellar!

mathomas