The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

mathomas

A couple of more photographs taken with the Mamiya 7II

Tentacles at the Hiram M. Chittenden Locks ~ Seattle, WA

That is a very cool shot. I see you've "graduated" to medium format. Once I started, it was very hard to go back to 35mm. I'm forcing myself for the next couple of weeks.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I like how you manage to get the most out of 35mm. Wish I could figure it out...
Thanks, Mike. There's nothing much to it. I just go out there and shoot :)
The Delta 100 is an amazing film though. It's a modern film with a kind of timeless, classic look. I'm not even sure if it's my style, but I think I can live with the results.

seakayaker

Thanks Llloyd, Joe, Godfrey, Jorgen and Mike for your kind words.

Some beautiful contributoins from many as well, including Joe, Godfrey, Jorgen, Mike, Keith, Pencil_Tube, Yuri, and emmawest!

You are right Mike the medium format is addictive, when I needed to send the Rollie 75/3.5 in for a small repair and CLA (and another 4 or 5 weeks before I see it again), I jumped on the M7 II when I saw it at the local camera shop, Glazers in Seattle. Lloyd you asked what lens I was using, well it is the 80/4. I would love to pick up a 43mm or 50mm to compliment the 80 but I am attempting to practice restraint.

Anyway a few more . . . . .

Mamiya 7 II with 80/4

Lloyd

That's really a wonderful image, William. And I love the effect of the shallow depth of field here; really 3D. Nice.