The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Gary, Your garage stash of portraits is really impressive.

Johnny, The portrait with the RZ is beautiful. I love the sharpness of the eyes and the falloff of the DOF.

ReeRay

What is the secret to Velvia exposure? My results are always variable and I'd love to achieve what you have in the first picture. My results are either under or over exposed!

In "the old days", I routinely overexposed Velvia (only one version then, the classic 50) 1/3-1/2 stop. That mostly gave me the colourful, saturated images I was looking for at the time. That was 35mm film with an OM-1 and I believe that the formula for the current 50 has changed somewhat.

I don't think Velvia has changed much over the years as can be seen. Also I have always under exposed by 1/3rd of a stop with Velvia 50. i.e. rated at 64 ISO and incident light readings on every occasion.

England 80's

Thailand 2000's

[/url]

All shot with a Rollei 6002 and scanned with a Minolta Multi Pro

biglouis

A recent capture with the Fuji GSW690III which was shot on Kodak Portra 160 but works better in black and white (I hope).

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
We have been in a drought here in southeastern Wisconsin. We finally got some rain this week and I went out between showers and shot a roll of Portra 160. Contax G2, Carl Zeiss Biogon 28mm f/2,8.

Last edited:

PatrickCheung

Hey! I've been referred to this thread from the Digital Leica thread :) I absolutely love the photos on this thread... my photos don't even begin to compare... but here they are. Straight copy from the Digital Leica thread :)

I scanned a roll of photos from my T4 yesterday... wasn't too happy with it. Of my 36 exposures, I only kept about 7... I normally get more. Made me want to slow down a bit and stop rushing. Hillary always said I "ate film" :p Point and Shoot doesn't necessarily mean Point and Shoot! Anyway.

This roll spans about two days... On saturday, we were treated with a surprise visit from Paige's (Hillary's sister) ex-boyfriend from LA :p We took him out for Dim Sum the next morning, though he was feeling a little hung over from the party Paige threw them the night before....

Photography has this great power to distort the truth... that's something I've noticed after viewing these photos. Garrett is rarely ever like this... I'll post a better photo of him when I get my next roll developed :) He's a really great guy, very kind. When we found out Paige and Garrett broke up, we were definitely rooting for them to get back together... and well :) They did. Happy weekend!

After dimsum, Hillary, Jean (Hillary's mom), and I went to the mall to get Hillary some new glasses... and of course, the girls did a little shopping too. The dress looked good on Hillary, but we didn't end up getting it :(

And the next few photos are from the day after :) I don't quite remember what we were up to.. but we ended up at Granville Island again.

Hillary and Ducky, my Duck-shaped Bag :)

We have so many of these photos...

Surprise :)

I think I'm rather beautiful... Hillary needs a little work though.

I find it kinda cool how the roll was split. Sunday was very... documentary style. Monday was more relaxed, free... kinda cool :) Not my best work, but I definitely like this roll.

On a side note... maybe this will be a good place to ask... I'm currently looking for a Contax T2 or a TVS... if anyone has one they're looking to sell for a good price... I'd be more than happy to hear your offers!

PatrickCheung

Random photos from an old roll.. the last roll in my Electro GSN. I saw a giant pickle walking around downtown Vancouver with Hillary one day... so cool! I guess everyone's used to seeing it... nobody seems to notice anything strange on their walk!

I really like the pickle...

PatrickCheung

A straight copy from the Digital M forum here. A little background info might be useful! I'm from Toronto, Ontario, currently on vacation all the way across Canada in Vancouver, BC. I've been here for the past two months, visiting my girlfriend of 7 months, Hillary Chang :) Her sister, Paige recently got back together with her boyfriend Garrett. That should fill you in for now! Oh, and there's a giant pickle in Vancouver :D

Got my first roll back from my new Nikon AF600/Lite Touch 28. A really cool camera with a 28/3.5 on it. Tack sharp, decent distortion control (if you hold it straight), compact (fits in my palm, XA sized), cute. A real cool camera!

I promised a better photo of Garrett, and here he is :) It was really nice having Garrett back actually. Last time we met was in February, and Hillary and I knew at once that he was a good man for Paige. Garrett stayed for a total of 5 days, but was only supposed to stay for 2. On the 3rd night here, the entire family got together for a Hot Pot dinner... it was really nice having everyone there in the same room. I think it's a great way to draw the Summer to a close.

And the rest of the roll is just me and Hillary goofing around :)

I just got back from a Chang family dinner. It was kinda nice 'cause at this point in time, everyone in the Chang family seems to remember me, even 90 year old Great Grandma :) Hillary's grandma seems to enjoy talking to me, Hillary's uncle and aunt asked me for computer advice and seemed to enjoy the conversation, and Great grandma smiles and points and me everytime she sees me :) It's nice to feel included.

PatrickCheung

I bought a Minolta Autocord in May for some medium format fun during the summer! It didn't get as much use as I thought it would, and shooting medium format during school is a hassle due to time and monetary constraints... so I sold it. I used the money to buy a Contax T2, which I can use year-round :) Though, I immediately felt a huge sense of seller's regret after I scanned the last roll in my Autocord. Here are a few from that roll, and a left over I forgot to scan from the Nikon AF600

This roll took a total of 3 weeks to shoot, there are multiple outfit changes, backgrounds, and our hair grew a bit with every frame, though it seemed like just last week that I loaded it up! Made me feel kind of sad that the last 3 weeks went by so fast. For Hillary and I, this is our last summer vacation, ever. We'll rarely ever get the opportunity to put everything aside and just relax, sit around, and do nothing, OR explore a new city, in the coming decades. Though, the bright side is that we still have a week and a half left :)

chrism

We'll rarely ever get the opportunity to put everything aside and just relax, sit around, and do nothing, OR explore a new city, in the coming decades. Though, the bright side is that we still have a week and a half left :)
Enjoy it while you can, Patrick! I think my student years were the happiest of all. Today I went to pick up my wife from the airport - she has been away for two weeks with her parents in the UK and in Spain. So I took the Voigtlander Bessa III and some Ilford PanF with me. I ambushed her after customs:

We have also been having some renovations on the back of the house and the deck is in the process of being replaced.

Conservatory going up:

Metal railings at the side:

And glass at the front:

I love the limited DOF you can get with MF!

All developed in HC-110 in a Rondinax 60 tank - a daylight-loading tank for 120 film! I had to refashion some of it's internal parts from epoxy and carve them to shape (where are these 3D printers when you need them?) but it works superbly.

Chris

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
It can possibly be claimed that the Fuji GX680 isn't ideal for street photography and strictly speaking, it's a slight overkill. But... people change when they're confronted with the beast. I get kind of noticed and I get a different kind of portraits. A very interesting experience. I'll do more of this.

These two photos are from my first couple of rolls with the camera, so please have patience with me. I haven't shot MF since I sold my Rolleiflex Baby more than 10 years ago. That was a somewhat smaller camera :ROTFL:

GX680IIIs with 180mm f/5.6 @ f/22, Acros 100

GX680IIIs with 65mm f/5.6 @ f/22, Acros 100

Oh... and I need a new scanner. The almost 10 year old Epson 3200 isn't up to this at all :(

Last edited:

jbcrane

It can possibly be claimed that the Fuji GX680 isn't ideal for street photography and strictly speaking, it's a slight overkill. But... people change when they're confronted with the beast. I get kind of noticed and I get a different kind of portraits. A very interesting experience. I'll do more of this.

These two photos are from my first couple of rolls with the camera, so please have patience with me. I haven't shot MF since I sold my Rolleiflex Baby more than 10 years ago. That was a somewhat smaller camera

Oh... and I need a new scanner. The almost 10 year old Epson 3200 isn't up to this at all :(
Jorgen, I know just what you mean. I've been carrying my Mamiya RZ67 around for the same reason. There's astonishment on the faces that approach and ask me what kind of camera it is. When I ask these people if I can make their photograph, to a person, every one of them says "yes!" This new paradigm is interesting. One approach is the covert, stealth street shooter model, yielding a certain type of image. Now, the more bombastic, the more intrigued and even honored people appear to be to offer up the environmental portrait. Great fun.

Nice shots, too ;-). Keep up the good work.
JBC