The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

seakayaker

Here's another one from me. 05.30 in the morning, and the monk came out, wondering what I was doing with that big thing on a tripod outside his temple. I said I was waiting to take his portrait :)

GX680 and Acros again

Jorgen, love the photograph and love the fantastic story behind it even better. "I said I was waiting to take his portrait." I couldn't help but laugh when I read that and thought about the moment!

Also love the Ilford Pan F Plus 50 for B&W that you mentioned above to Patrick. Love the fine to no grain look and detail in the photographs. I have used it with my Rolliflex. Patrick if you are interested you can find some sample photographs in the TLR thread: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/analog-cameras/11690-tlrs-anyone-2.html in number 62 and 56. Also use the Pan F Plus 50 with the 35mm format and samples can be found here: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/analog-cameras/4052-how-about-more-more-fun-leica-m-film-55.html in # 2706.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thank you Dan. Here's another one, and what I really went to Banteay Chhmar for.

After 800 years, overgrown by jungle, looting, war, genocide... it's still there. Banteay Chhmar is an amazing place in the middle of nowhere.

GX680IIIs with 65mm f/5.6 and Acros 100

Godfrey

Brick Squad

The SX-70 and Impossible film is so delightfully unpredictable...

Polaroid SX-70 + Impossible Project Color Shade
captured to digital with
Ricoh GXR + A12 50mm Macro and Lightroom 4

.. and it produces photos that look like nothing else.

thanks for looking. comments always appreciated.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Here's another with the Fotoman 612 and Fuji Acros.
This is really beautiful. I wish I could see it in a bigger size. Do you have a link to a bigger size?

Patrick, I really enjoyed the photos from the resort with your girlfriend and the parents. I also have a Konica T4, but I haven't used it in a very long time. Maybe I better give it a spin.

Jorgen, The photos with the 6x8 are really spectacular. That camera really meshes with your style.

Godfrey, Very cool. I like the unpredictable part of photography.

Godfrey

+1

... and thank you Lloyd and Cindy. Carrying the GX680 around is really an interesting experience :)
Thanks Jorgen!

Just looked through your GX680 work. Very nice indeed!

Now that camera is a bit of a bear to travel with. Kinda bulky and heavy. I've always loved medium format film work tho, I learned a lot of the basics with a '49 Rolleiflex that my grandfather loaned me and the 6x6 format is especially dear to me. I've had several Rolleiflexes, Yashicamats, etc, at last gasp I had both Hassy SWC and 500C/M. The SWC is the film camera I miss the most.

My interest in the format was revived when I happened into a pair of Zeiss Ikon Super Ikontas .. A and B. The B is the 6x6 model. But I didn't hang onto them long, they were sold somewhere around 2006. Loved the compact carryable nature of these folders. ... Now I'm waiting for the Balda Baldix 6x6 I found to arrive. If that works out well, one of the Fuji GF670s or Voigtländer Bessa IIIs could well find its way here.

There will be a reckoning sometime soon, I fear. I'm at a personal high water mark for fun cameras that I actually use. Between the SX70, the CL, the Rollei 35S, the Nikon F, the M4-2, the Baldix ... Sheesh! five *film* cameras already. It can't go on like this. Or can it ... ? =8^O

biglouis

For a digital forum there is some seriously good stuff going on in here.

Better keep it secret or the mods might want to stop it:):)

Jorgen, the Monk photograph alone is a real winner.

Jeremy, those tones are fantastic - I especially like the seated gent in the hat.

LouisB

Hasselblad 500CM, Sonar T* 150/4, Kodak Portra 160

Last edited:

Tibor

Mamiya 645AFD II + Mamiya Sekor C 80mm f/1.9 N with Ilford Delta 100. Shot at 1/125s, f/1.9. One beauty dish with grid (on her) and one reflector with 5 degree grid (on the background).

Godfrey

Duplication

Polaroid SX-70 + Impossible Project Color Shade
captured to digital with
Ricoh GXR-A12 50 Macro and Lightroom 4

Another from the session I did last Saturday morning's walk...

Enjoy!