The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

seakayaker

MV Kittitas ~ Approaching the Dock ~ Mukilteo Ferry Terminal ~ Mukilteo, WA

Beach Walk ~ Fort Casey ~ Coupeville, WA

Rolleiflex Zeiss Planar 75mm f3.5 ~ Kodak Porta 160

Aryan Aqajani

Some from my last shoot!

Mamiya RZ67 Pro IID + Mamiya 180mm f/4.5 + Mamiya tilt/shift adapter + Fuji Acros 100 home developed in Rodinal

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Dan, The Rollei has a different look than the Mamiya. I love both of mine, but find it is more fun to shoot with the Rollei. It takes more time to frame and focus the TLR (for me, anyway). Your photos are all beautiful.

Aryan, These are very moody and edgy. You sure nailed the focus. I'd like to see more.

Godfrey, I'm looking forward to seeing how the Voigtlander lens renders.

GregMO

Welcome! A beautiful photograph! I look forward to seeing many more to come.
Thank you. There are a lot of very talented photographers here. I just started shooting about 3.5yrs ago and film in March of this year. I find film to be more enjoyable.
Here is another shot with my 617 on Pan F Plus. Super Angulon 90. F22, 30 seconds.

Last edited:

biglouis

Dan, Aryan and Greg: great stuff.

Here is one from a trip to the Buckinghamshire countryside a couple of weekends ago. Hass 500CM, 80/2.8, Portra 160.

After The Harvest

Godfrey

Nice work, John and ken!

I'm almost through my first roll of film shooting with the Perkeo II now, one more exposure to go. Re-discovering 6x6 with these old folders is having a profound influence on me, so much so that I decided to buy a modern 6x6 folder for a modern lens and rangefinder. A new Voigtländer 667 Bessa III just arrived ... I'll get a chance to put some film through it this Sunday.

I'm willing to sell some of my unused equipment to fund this camera, so expect to see a 'for sale' posting in the upcoming week ... :)

Professional

I've recently discovered that I'm an RF guy instead of a TLR or an SLR guy. Or maybe it's because of the 6x9 vs 6x6.
Even i have 2 RF MF cameras i still love to go with SLR, not yet having any TLR, but i never get addicted or dedicated to one type of any format, even with LF i have Press and field and i can go with view cam too, and one day i will add a Tech cam too.

Godfrey

Even i have 2 RF MF cameras i still love to go with SLR, not yet having any TLR, but i never get addicted or dedicated to one type of any format, even with LF i have Press and field and i can go with view cam too, and one day i will add a Tech cam too.
Not sure that being "addicted or dedicated to one type of any format" was the point. :) I like all of them too, but lately I just want as compact a camera as I can get ... the Bessa III folder is not small, but it's handy to carry when folded up. The Perkeo II is jacket-pocket sized.

New negs from the Perkeo II today ... I might have time to scan them tomorrow. Looks like a great lens on that camera!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Dan, Really like what you do with the Rolleiflex. Potting shed has really nice DOF.

Ken, Eye in the sky has nice tones and composition.

BigLouis, Your photo with SWC is really eye candy. The lighting is perfect and the detail is outstanding...so much to look at.

John, Beautiful, silky water.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Contax G2, Contax G 28 f/2.8 Biogon T*, Portra 160
Orca, Lake Superior Commercial Fishing Boat- Red Cliff, Wisconsin

Contax G2, Contax 90 f/2.8 Sonnar T*, Portra 160
Wade House Celebrating 150th Anniversary of Civil War (Could have used a little more speed, but I like the effect of the horse moving.)

Rolleiflex 2.8F Planar and Portra 160
Comes Aboat- Cornucopia, Wisconsin

biglouis

Cindy, thanks for your kind words.

Great colours and composition in your work. The 'Civil War' picture is particularly evocative!

LouisB

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Thanks, John and BigLouis. John, the Orca was fascinating. I saw other photos of similar old great lakes boats while I was there. They look like submarines. I guess they can take the rough waters.

John, Now your photo is big enough to take a good look! I love it! The lighting coming down is beautiful and the detail and silky water is lovely. Your metering was perfect. I bet it will make a great wall-hanger.

johnnygoesdigital

Cindy,

Thanks for the comments. When I upload pics, I try to make them a good size for viewing, but you have to "click", on them first. I love your squares with the Rolleiflex and the 2.8 planar! What screen do you use?

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
John, Yes, I know I have to click, but yesterday it was too small for me to get a good look.
I use the Maxwell screen in my Rolleiflex, but my Rolleicord V has the $30 Rick Oleson screen in it, and it is easy to focus, too. Of course, TLR's take a little more care in focusing than rangefinders (for me, anyway.) I love shooting 6x6 and 6x7!