The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Godfrey

Cafe Regulars

Voigtländer Perkeo II

Another from the Perkeo II roll of XP2 Super. The light level was an issue .. proper exposure had me down to f/4 and 1/10 second, and getting the focus on the mark proves challenging when you're guesstimating.

I scanned my first roll out of the Bessa III last evening ... having a coupled rangefinder solves that focus problem for sure! I've also bought some Ilford 3200 film to help with the low light situations issue.

I love this format. :)

Godfrey

Three Italian Beauties

A trio of lovely Italian cars from my first roll through the Voigtländer Bessa III ...

Voigtländer Bessa III - Fuji Neopan ACROS 100

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

biglouis

Godfrey - great subject for your camera. The Fiat 500 is a lovely shot but I also really likes the tones on the Lancia, nice framing too.

LouisB

Godfrey

the Ducati 250 ...

A couple more photos from All Italian Day ... My friend TJ Noto with the 1966 Ducati 250 I sold to Carl Liebold, who sold it to him—now (finally!) fully restored and running:

Voigtländer Bessa III

Great to see you both, TJ! :)

Godfrey

Sweet ride!!! Great shots.
Thanks Lloyd!

Re-discovering my love of 6x6 is changing things. The Bessa III is great, the Perkeo II is similarly wonderful.

Time now to "rationalize" the equipment I've got. I want far less now. :)

Godfrey

Lovely photos from the Bessa III, Godfrey, such an amazing clarity.
Thanks, Jorgen! You'd enjoy them in 11x11 prints too ... or larger even. I printed three of these so far—the feeling of detail and depth is delightful.

Even scanned with my ancient Epson 2450 ... I really must run a roll of color film and rent an hour on the Imacon Flextight at the local pro shop.

biglouis

"Ampthill: a picture book to remember her by"

I just published my third book via Blurb, with the above title. The subject is a bit weird. I am fascinated by these strangely colour coded buildings at the south end of Camden Town in London. I've photographed them from all around area - demonstrating how they fit in or don't with the cityscape.

I started out working with my Leica M8 DRF and a rented Nikon D700. Then as I acquired it I also used my Panasionic GH-2, with the wonderful Leica DG Elmarit 45/2.8 lens.

But I ended up doing the front cover with my Hasselblad SWC using Kodak Portra 160. I had no other camera/lens which could deliver the perfect verticals and detail I required for the cover shot.

It is weird that I seem to have worked backwards from digital to film but there you go. This is a scan of the cover of the book - not the original film frame.