The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

GregMO

Here are 2 taken this past summer.
Bartholdi Fountain in Wash DC taken with Provia 100 & converted to B&W. Shot with Fuji GW690.
Georgetown & the Key Bridge at twilight on Velvia 100 with 645 AFD using 120mm macro lens.
Thanks for looking.

jlancasterd

Corfield Periflex Gold Star, f2.4 50mm Lumax. High Speed Ektachrome.

Penrhyn Quarry Railway narrow (two-foot) gauge train crossing the Cegin near Port Penrhyn (Bangor) en route to Bethesda slate quarry. September 1960. The ‘passenger accommodation’ was a wooden plank across the final wagon of the train – no springs, no brakes. The 5-mile journey took about 30 minutes. Absolute bliss!

View attachment 65025

Godfrey

As usual, there's just a ton of wonderful new work to see on this thread. Thanks, all of you.

ken ... love "Sunny Side Up" ! Of course, I'm a Rollei 35 addict from way back. Still have my favorite black Rollei 35S ... should take it out for a walk sometime soon. :)

Good news: Fred's done CLA'ing the Balda Baldix, I picked it up today. It feels like a new camera now, opens and closes perfectly, and the viewfinder is clear and bright like it was when it was new. He did a beautiful job on it, and for a pittance really.

I might take it along with me on this weekend's jaunt to Palm Springs ... :)

mathomas

It's been a while since my last posting, but I'm still shooting. Here are a few Hassy shots (to continue the 6x6 theme).

a talk under the trees, buena vista, co by mike thomas, on Flickr
(Hasselblad 201F + 110mm f/2, Ilford XP2 @ 200)

cottonwood tree, buena vista, co by mike thomas, on Flickr
(Hasselblad 201F + 50mm f/2.8, Ilford XP2 @ 200)

in the balance, cottonwood park, buena vista, co by mike thomas, on Flickr
(Hasselblad 201F + 50mm f/2.8, Rollei Retro 400S @ 200)

cottonwood park, buena vista, co by mike thomas, on Flickr(Hasselblad 201F + 50mm f/2.8, Rollei Retro 400S @ 200)

mathomas

Here are 2 taken this past summer.
Bartholdi Fountain in Wash DC taken with Provia 100 & converted to B&W. Shot with Fuji GW690.
Georgetown & the Key Bridge at twilight on Velvia 100 with 645 AFD using 120mm macro lens.
Thanks for looking.
That fountain shot is really great!

mathomas

F6 with 85mm f/1.8, probably wide open. It was dark in there.

This is taken on Fuji Pro 160C, but the whole roll was for some reason 1-2 stops underexposed and the colours came out weird an grungy, so I converted it to b&w in PS.

Good save. I've been known to convert some of my color film photos for the same reason.