The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

biglouis

This is another fairly old shot, done with the 105-280mm and probably Kodak E100VS. The fox pup was coming out of a den it had in the dune at a local beach. I used a blind for this, with a metz flash as fill.

That is an absolutely, drop-dead, gorgeous photograph. I sincerely mean it when I say, "thanks for sharing".

LouisB

biglouis

OK, well here is pretty much my first shot out of my recently acquired Fujifilm GF670w camera taken from a 10th floor balcony overlooking the Thames. Were it not for the portable nature of this camera and the inbuilt metering I wouldn't have had this opportunity - it was by pure chance I had the camera with me.

Handheld for 1/125 on Kodak Potra 400 - used AE mode and metered off the sky.

The Jersey Shore, the Boardwalk on a chilly, windy day.
Photo by Joe Schilling, who worked for Time-Life as a picture editor for decades, but almost unknown as a photographer.
Joe was a great street shooter in the style of HCB.
I had the honor of knowing him and scanning his gorgeous Tri-X negatives before he passed away a couple of years ago.
Joe never owned any fancy equipment and stuck to the basic 3-lens kit.
Shot with Tri-X and D-76 and his old Nikon F with a 50mm lens.

Godfrey

Polaroid SX-70 + Impossible Project Color Protection Film

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated. :)

G

Godfrey

The Jersey Shore, the Boardwalk on a chilly, windy day.
Photo by Joe Schilling, who worked for Time-Life as a picture editor for decades, but almost unknown as a photographer.
Joe was a great street shooter in the style of HCB.
I had the honor of knowing him and scanning his gorgeous Tri-X negatives before he passed away a couple of years ago.
Joe never owned any fancy equipment and stuck to the basic 3-lens kit.
Shot with Tri-X and D-76 and his old Nikon F with a 50mm lens.
Quite the stunning photograph! Thanks for posting it.

G

PatrickCheung

Hey :) Havent posted here in a while... haven't even checked GetDPI in a while! Hope you don't mind me posting again :)

A few snaps with the Zorki 1 and Canon 35mm f2/35mm f3.5 Summaron. I bought the Zorki to be used as a scalefocus wide angle shooter!

My last few from the school term... and my Bronica RF645. It's spending some time with Hillary in Vancouver this term :)

Toronto Image Works cut this frame in half... and put a staple in it. I kind of like it!

And maybe my favourite photo of this roll... a photo of my classmate/friend Miho. She's probably one of the coolest people I've ever met. In our first school term of our first year Miho would drive an hour back to Toronto from Cambridge every weekend, regardless of our work load (and we had a HEAVY work load) so she could endulge in her true passion: climbing silk ropes. She was part of a group of... I suppose, circus performers. She'd practice on the ropes for an hour every weekend in Toronto, climbing an suspending herself meters, storeys, in the air. Though school caught up to her in the coming terms and she had to give up the silk ropes in light of architecture an design studio. Last time we talked, she told me she wasn't coming back next term. She's going to train for a term, and apply to a few circus schools in the following term. It's nice to see her pursuing her passion :)

I think this photo captures her well. I couldn't expose it, but on those panels she's examining are some of the most beautiful sketches an water colour paintings I've ever seen. Instead of computer rendering her project, she did everything by hand with water colour and ink. The low contrast, soft greys, and overall lightness of the photo fit perfectly with who she is... a light, graceful artist.

biglouis

This is almost a 100% crop out of a 6x6 frame from my recently acquired Fujifilm GF670w. Hand held and using the internal meter. Kodak Portra 400.
Scanned in Vuescan and processed in LR3, then exported/resized to jpeg.

"Umbra Sumus"

biglouis

Nice damn that camera is expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm beginning to understand why. 6x6 and 6x7 versatility, top optics, inbuilt metering, lightweight and portable, which means you can take photographs without a tripod. About the price of s/h Hass 203 but a lot easier to tote around all day. And it does take nice photographs!

LouisB

Godfrey

Winter Walk

I feel like I'm slowly getting the hang of how this camera and the Impossible Project films see ...

All made with Polaroid SX-70 and Impossible Project Silver Shade UV+ film

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

Godfrey

Godfrey

Indeed, very nice!

The starkness of your snow scene reminds me of winters in New York after a snowfall when I was a child. Just don't get that kind of scene here near San Francisco.

G