The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Godfrey

First roll with the Robot II ... A short roll, it was XP2 Super 24 exposures, so there are only 39 exposures here, not 50. ;-)

This roll was mostly to test the camera and see how well it was working. It was a little sluggish in the first five-six frames, then started to feed smoothly. I wasn't being terribly careful about exposure either, as I'm sure the shutter needs a thorough service.

Robot II - Scanned with Nikon Coolscan V

It was fun figuring out how to make the Coolscan's negative feeder fit the 24x24 square format to speed up the process. I can now reliably scan 7 exposure strips with a Preview and Scan pass using Vuescan in about five minutes.

The guys in Germany quoted €75 to overhaul the shutter and upgrade the body to take a modern 135 feed cartridge without having to unload the film and load the Robot feed cartridge. (Postage almost costs as much as the service ... !)

Well, I'm jazzed. I'll pick a couple of these exposures to render and post a little later.

Enjoy!

G

Last edited:
J

JohnW

I haven't shot a roll of film in 10+ years, but this thread inspired me to do so. Dusted off my only remaining film camera and bought a roll of XP2.

I really enjoyed it and like the look of the results. I'm especially pleased with the rich whites, something I've never been able to achieve with digital. So much so that I'm seriously considering a commitment to film. And learning to scan well.

Certainly not noteworthy photos, but just wanted to share the experiment and say thanks for the inspiration.

John

Last edited:

biglouis

Viablex: that is an excellent scan. Can I ask what you used to scan the image?

Dan: also a great capture!

LouisB

biglouis

South Harting from South Harting Down - this is a rescan of a two year old image, using the new techniques I have learned from the "Vuescan Bible". (Thanks Cindy Flood for pointing it out to me in the first place).

This is a 2:1 crop from a 6x6 frame, shot on Kodak Portra 160, Hasselblad 500CM and my ancient Sonar 150/4.

Last edited:

viablex1

Thanks Big Louis, its my coolscan 9000 sometimes it suprises me and that portra 400 does scan pretty well.

the there are scans where I can see all the detail and it doesn't do that well

Godfrey

Some lovely new work! Bravo!

I've acquired the ANR glass film holder for the Coolscan 9000 now. Wow, this really opens up what I can do with it! I'm scanning two whole rolls of Minox ultraminiature film with it now—easiest way to get quality scans of this teensy format I've ever tried. Very pleased indeed.

G

bensonga

It's been awhile since I've posted any images here....

These were shot on a bright/cloudy Alaskan winter day with my Hasselblad 503CXi, 100mm f3.5 CFi lens and Ilford Delta 100. Local lab dev and scan.

I really have a thing for planes, trains and automobiles (and old trucks too).

Alaska Civil Air Patrol Beaver

Bright Silver Beaver

Rusts' Flying Service

Last edited:

bensonga

Thanks Cindy! I didn't expect much, because of the bright white sky, but the more I look at these, the more I like them....quite a different look/feel than if it had been a blue sky sort of day. The first image above has sort of a "high key" look to me...which was quite unintentional. I suppose the light bouncing off the white snow on the ground also contributed to the look of these images.

That CFi 100mm f3.5 lens is certainly one of my favorites.

Gary

sjg284

Leica IIIf / Leica Summitar 50/2.0 / Kodak BW400CN

Dinner w/ Parents for 30th Anniversary..

and some more misc. around the neighborhood this month

R

RedFoxRZ67

Mamiya RZ 67 | Tri X 400 & Polaroid 600se | Fuji 3200 (toned in photoshop)