The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Godfrey

Lilies On Table

Finally had a chance to scan the three rolls I shot with the Hasselblad SWC in May ...

Made on Ilford XP2 Super film

enjoy!

G

Godfrey

The Music Corner

Hasselblad SWC + Ilford XP2 Super

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

G

biglouis

Godfrey - the SWC is awesome. Great to see it being applied more creatively than is usual.

Can't wait for my holiday so I can take mine out for a good spin.

LouisB

Godfrey

Godfrey - the SWC is awesome. Great to see it being applied more creatively than is usual.

Can't wait for my holiday so I can take mine out for a good spin.

LouisB
Thanks! It's a great camera. I fell in love with it in 1967, couldn't afford one until I traded my entire Leica kit for one in 2002. Sold that one after a couple of years as my needs and finances changed. I've missed it since ... bought this one last December.

It is an intoxicating camera in so many ways. The lens, the simplicity of it, etc etc. :)

G

biglouis

... the colouration of the pictures, the absolutely zero distortion, the 3d-ness of the images...

we could probably go on all night...

LouisB

PenSon

Old negative from 1981. Camera Nikkormat with Tokina 35-105 zoom. Film KodakColorII. Tested Epson V370 scanner. Used Vuescan in RAW mode and so used the plugin Colorperfect for Adobe Photoshop.

Trygve

srw

Thanks! It's a great camera. I fell in love with it in 1967, couldn't afford one until I traded my entire Leica kit for one in 2002. Sold that one after a couple of years as my needs and finances changed. I've missed it since ... bought this one last December.

It is an intoxicating camera in so many ways. The lens, the simplicity of it, etc etc. :)

G
I just bought one of these
What a cool camera!

Took it out the other day for the first time
Now I just need a good scanner

biglouis

New toy to play with

Fuji G617, Agfa Apx 100 in Rodinal 1+50

Damn! I wish people would not post fine pictures like this one taken from 617 cameras. It just fuels my lust all over again for having one and I am actually saving up for Leica X Vario.

Darn. Must not look, must not look, must not look...

LouisB

biglouis

Shawn

Great exposition of why the SWC is so awesome. The difference in scale between the two trees and the person is a great composition.

LouisB

PS If it helps, I've done all my MF scanning for the past 2-3 years on an Epson v700 plus judicious use of Vuescan - which is enhanced further by reading the 'Vuescan Bible' as recommended to me by Cindy Flood , iirc.

Godfrey

Very nicely done, Shawn! The V700 works well, as LouisB suggested. I went whole hog and bought a Nikon Coolscan 9000, which is wonderful.

Godfrey

Godfrey

Damn! I wish people would not post fine pictures like this one taken from 617 cameras. It just fuels my lust all over again for having one and I am actually saving up for Leica X Vario.

Darn. Must not look, must not look, must not look...
LOL!

No 617 cameras for me, thank you. 6x6 is my format in MF film.

I think if I sell off all the stuff I no longer want from the equipment cabinet and around the apartment, I'll have the cash in hand for a little less than half a Monochrom or the price of an X Vario. Hmm, what to do?

G

PS: first, sell the stuff! ;-)

srw

Shawn

Great exposition of why the SWC is so awesome. The difference in scale between the two trees and the person is a great composition.

LouisB

PS If it helps, I've done all my MF scanning for the past 2-3 years on an Epson v700 plus judicious use of Vuescan - which is enhanced further by reading the 'Vuescan Bible' as recommended to me by Cindy Flood , iirc.
Very nicely done, Shawn! The V700 works well, as LouisB suggested. I went whole hog and bought a Nikon Coolscan 9000, which is wonderful.

Godfrey
Thanks!

I've looked at the V750 and almost bought a refurbished one from the Epson site (out of stock right now)

I've also bid on a Nikon 9000 on ebay (didn't win but I keep an eye out for another one reasonably priced)

But, I just noticed B&H Photo is now showing the Plustek Opticfilm 120 available on July 1 (tomorrow) so I think I might wait abit and see how that works in the US.

Godfrey

Contax 137 MD + Zeiss Planar 50mm f/1.7 T*

A "golden oldie." It is from my return trip by motorcycle from New York to California in Fall of 1984, during a stopover in Washinton DC to visit a friend. I'd purchased the Contax 137 MD and 50mm f/1.7 lens while staying and working in New York City for a month or two. Lovely camera and lens; I had sold the Rollei 35 Tessar I'd carried on the east-bound trip to my old friend as I missed having an SLR to shoot with, and all my Nikon gear was in storage at a friend's place in California.

Hmm ... 1984 was about twenty years after the first camera I bought myself, a Minolta 16-Ps when I was about 9-10 years old. So it's 'early' but not 'first' ... I just scanned this slide recently with the Coolscan 9000ED.
;-)

Ah, the years fly. I remember that trip as if it just ended yesterday.

G

srw

Lesson learned: when switching between cameras with different speed film (and no meter) remember to change the ISO on the light meter
Ha