The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Godfrey

Used up another pack of Impossible Project "Color Protection" film in the Polaroid SX-70 last week. The more I work with it, the more I like it. Two that I'm printing:

Thanks for looking. Comments appreciated.

G

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Very nice, Godfrey. I really like the colors in the first photo.

I took this photo last week with my SX-70 and Impossible Project color protection film. The recent run of this film is having some QC problems (according to my correspondence with Impossible Project). You can see that the pods are not applying the chemical evenly, but I guess that is part of the charm.

Godfrey

Another lovely Polaroid photo ...! :)

Yes, they're still working on consistency while continuing to push the development of the medium. I can't imagine the craziness of it all ... Just finished reading a book on the manufacture of Kodak film* and it is simply shocking that this stuff works at all.

I had a couple of packs of Color Shade that had similar issues with distribution of the chemistry. I thought the camera had a problem, contacted IP to see if they could recommend someone to refurbish it. They identified that the film was at fault and replaced it for me. Good folks!

I'm about to order more film. I'll call and ask if they feel they've got their production back under control.

* If you're interested, go to Robert Shanebrook - Kodak Film - Photography - Photographic Film Manufacturing - Rochester - Ny and order a copy of the book. He's only shipping them until the end of September... Very very techie, but very very interesting!

G

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Godfrey,
I just communicated with the Impossible Project folks this week. They really stand behind their product and offered me a replacement. They cautioned that this batch has the problem, so you might want to wait a bit. You could try 600 and use a ND filter, too.

If you ever need service on your SX-70, check out Matt Widmann's blog here: 2nd Shot SX70 Service
He adjusted the focus and did a check-up on my SX-70 classic. I was very happy with his service and great communication. You can tell by reading his blog that he really loves the Polaroids.

Godfrey

Godfrey,
I just communicated with the Impossible Project folks this week. They really stand behind their product and offered me a replacement. They cautioned that this batch has the problem, so you might want to wait a bit. You could try 600 and use a ND filter, too.

If you ever need service on your SX-70, check out Matt Widmann's blog here: 2nd Shot SX70 Service
He adjusted the focus and did a check-up on my SX-70 classic. I was very happy with his service and great communication. You can tell by reading his blog that he really loves the Polaroids.
That's great!

I have three of them now ... two SX-70 Alpha 1, one SX-70 Sonar. They all seem in good shape for the moment, but finding the right place to have them serviced when needed is always a great thing.

I've got the 600->SX-70 ND filter ... hmm. Hadn't even thought about it.

G

Hausen

I am on a Michael Kenna style trip at the moment with my Linhof 612 and Hasselblad Arcbody. These are obviously from the Linhof.

Godfrey

Last weekend I took the new-to-me Leicaflex SL and Summicron-R 90mm lens out for a spin at the San Jose Pride Festival. What a wonderful camera and lens! Heavy, yes, but it works so well it's amazing.

Leicaflex SL + Summicron-R 90mm f/2
Ilford XP2 Super

Enjoy! Comments always appreciated.

G