The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

J

JohnW

Thanks, Jorgen. Sorry about the slow response. It's XP2. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going the home processing route, and even if I'll stay with film at all.

John

Godfrey

I'd moved to Southern California in March 1979 to attend school at UC Riverside. Never liked the place. My friends in New York had shipped my old Ducati 750GT out to me. Once school let out, I gathered up everything I owned, shipped what I couldn't carry to a safe haven, and jumped on the old Duc never to return to Riverside to live..

Ektachrome 64 Slide captured with
Olympus E-M1 + ZD 35mm Macro + Nikon ES-1 Slide Holder

This is a photo of the Ducati and my traveling companion, Gerard the Giraffe, east of Barstow, stopped by the side of I-15 heading to Zion National Park, due south of Death Valley.

I didn't notice that I'd assembled the front fender backwards until I changed tires in New York several weeks later...

FYI: I don't remember what camera I was using on the trip. The ZD Macro + Nikon ES-1 slide stage with the E-M1 makes an 11Mpixel image of the 35mm slide.

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

J

JohnW

Ah, the good old days, when everything we owned fit in a couple boxes and we could hit the road on a whim. Love it.

John

bensonga

Ektachrome 64 Slide captured with
Olympus E-M1 + ZD 35mm Macro + Nikon ES-1 Slide Holder

FYI: I don't remember what camera I was using on the trip. The ZD Macro + Nikon ES-1 slide stage with the E-M1 makes an 11Mpixel image of the 35mm slide.

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.
Wonderful photo and story Godfrey. I owned a Ducati for about five years (1998 900FE Supersport) and I have always regretted selling it. There's just nothing quite like a Duc.

I'm impressed with the quality of the digital image created from the slide. If you would have a chance to post a photo of this setup, I'd love to see it.

Here is a photo of my 900FE, which is not as practical as your 750GT for a cross country trip (to the extent that any Ducati is "practical"). It was most likely shot with my Nikon F2, but very poorly scanned. I'll have to look for that slide and try again.

Gary

J

JohnW

I took my Rollei 3.5F for a spin a couple weekends ago, after quite a long time. These are low-res scans from thedarkroom.com, which did the processing. I look forward to getting the film back and seeing how my own scans go.

These look pretty good to me, but I'm so out of touch with film that I'm really not sure what to think. Appreciate any feedback.

John

Last edited:
J

JohnW

One more from the Rollei.

It sure is quiet over here in the analog corner of the GetDPI universe.

John

J

JohnW

Thank you, Lloyd. So true about film. And this is the DIGITAL Imaging Forums, after all. I started double-posting over at RFF, where film interest still runs high.

And thanks for the comment on the book. Very much appreciated.

John