The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

ReeRay

Great set there Chris. Tonal range and sharpness are very impressive.

P.s. respect for a man still enjoying analogue music!

chrism

I have read that Plus-X exposed at an EI of 400 and developed in Diafine gives extraordinarily good results. I have around 100 rolls in the freezer so I thought I would try it out:

Chris

Godfrey

Leica R8 + Summicron-R 90mm f/2
ISO 400 @ f/2 @ 1/3000 sec

First time out with the R8, walking in Guadalupe River Park on Saturday morning ... as usual. ;-)

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

G

Godfrey

Leica R8 + Elmarit-R 19mm f/2.8 v1
ISO 400 @ f/4

A bit shorter focal length than I usually carry, but it has a very nice feel to it in use.

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

Godfrey

Polarois SLR670m with Time Machine by MiNT
Impossible 600 B&W film

Thanks for looking. Comments always appreciated.

G

Godfrey

Polaroid SLR670m with Time Machine
Impossible 600 B&W

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated. :)

chrism

A mixture of three films/cameras today.

Pentax 645n, 120/f4, XP2, Rodinal stand:

Hasselblad 500c, Sonnar 150, Pan F, TMax developer:

Pentax SF-1, 100/f2.8, XP2, Rodinal stand:

Chris

chrism

Two films today. Hasselblad 500c, Sonnar 150/f4, Adox CHS 25, Rodinal (1:100 for 11 minutes), Nikon 9000:

Pentax 645n, 120mm/f4, Tri-X @800, TMax developer, Nikon 9000:

I don't think I have ever seen such a curly film as the Adox!

Chris

Rich M

I have read that Plus-X exposed at an EI of 400 and developed in Diafine gives extraordinarily good results. I have around 100 rolls in the freezer so I thought I would try it out:

Chris
Nice shots Chris.......

Back in the day when I used to teach darkroom, the standard was Acufine (a cousin of Diafine) and Tri-X pushed to 1000 or Plus-X to 320.

Acufine (being a powder) has a long shelf life and to me, is a little less complicated.

I will probably move back to that myself. I just picked up a Zeiss Ikon and a Contax RX. So I guess I'll start looking for some tanks, etc. The hardest part for me will be the darned changing bag and bottle opener to get the film out of the canisters.

I certainly don't get more patient as I get older. :eek:

Godfrey

Nice shots Chris.......

Back in the day when I used to teach darkroom, the standard was Acufine (a cousin of Diafine) and Tri-X pushed to 1000 or Plus-X to 320.

Acufine (being a powder) has a long shelf life and to me, is a little less complicated.

I will probably move back to that myself. I just picked up a Zeiss Ikon and a Contax RX. So I guess I'll start looking for some tanks, etc. The hardest part for me will be the darned changing bag and bottle opener to get the film out of the canisters.

I certainly don't get more patient as I get older. :eek:
I have one of these:
Harrison Pup Film Changing Tent 1000 B&H Photo Video
I bought it an age ago when I think it cost me $90. Makes loading reels easy.

G

Godfrey

Leica R8 + Elmarit-R 135mm f/2.8
Rollei Superpan 200

Took the R8 out for another stroll on Saturday morning. Somehow, it felt a little lighter this time. Carried the 135 and 35 lenses this time, and experimented with Rollei Superpan 200 film.

Thanks for looking! Comments appreciated.

Godfrey

Leica R8 + Elmarit-R 135mm f/2.8
Rollei SuperPan 200 film

Thanks for looking. Comments always appreciated!

Godfrey

Polaroid SLR670m with Time Machine by MiNT
Impossible 600 B&W film

Thanks for looking. Comments always appreciated.

Godfrey

Ah... nice photos, Chris!
So delightfully typical of Hasselblad V system quality on a technical level too. :)

I must take out the Hassy again sometime soon...