The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

chrism

Pentax 645n, 75mm/f2.8, Fuji Pro 400H, Unicolor presskit, Hasselblad X1, second picture converted to B&W in Lightroom:

This guy wasn't afraid at all

Along an abandoned railway line I found a soccer ball in the middle of nowhere

Chris

Malina DZ

My film photography experience started with Pentax67 just recently after shooting with a DSLR for 7 years. I can't say I have nostalgic moments about shooting film, but when I look at my favorite digital shots, I wish I had a film MF camera earlier.

This is from my test shots, getting acquainted with Portra 800:

Bijouterie
Pentax 67 + 105/2.4, f/4, 1/60sec

J

JohnW

I'm trying film again. This time, rather than buying an M, I got an inexpensive Contax 139 body to go with a C/Y Distagon I use with my mirrorless cameras.

I tried stand development. Tri-X 1600 in Rodinal 1:100 for one hour. Not particularly pleased with the outcome, but thought I'd share one anyway.

John

Last edited:

Shashin

I am not sure why anyone wants to do stand development. You just exhaust the developer faster in the highlights resulting in lower contrast. Uneven development is also a problem. There is a reason for agitation.

Godfrey

Polaroid Spectra SE Onyx + Close-up Lens
Impossible B&W film
Scanned with the Impossible app and iPad mini

I had a couple of shots left from my last pre-release pack of Impossible Spectra B&W film. I decided to use them up today because these pre-release films have caused some problems with the Spectra cameras—I think the batteries were poor quality because the Spectra had problems rolling them through the processor stage.

Anyway, I shot this close up (using the lens attachment) of my colleague's office decoration: a "Ken & Barbie with Dune Buggy" that graces the cabinet shelf between our offices. I couldn't get up high enough to get my eye behind the viewfinder, so I just guessed at the framing ... This is full frame. Lucky!

Enjoy!

G

chrism

I've been dull the last couple of weeks, and so has the weather, but today I stirred my stumps and got out for a few minutes with the 645N. All with 75mm/f2.8, FujiPro 400H, Unicolor presskit and X1 scans.

Chris

chrism

I walked again today, but it was really dull and overcast.
Pentax 645N, FA-45mm/f2.8, HP5+ @ 640, Diafine, Hasselblad X1 scans:

Chris

chrism

Out with the Hasselblad 500c today, 80/f2.8, XP2 @200, Rodinal 1:100 for one hour, X1 scans:

Nowhere is safe from graffiti
[/url]

Grand old willow (plus a ruffed grouse sitting on the trunk)

Once a rabbit has got it's winter coat, it knows the safest tactic is to keep still, but it doesn't work very well with no snow! He even let me do it again on my return journey

Lovely broken dead tree

Chris

chrism

The young physicist is home for Xmas, full of talk of electrodynamic tethers and Spindt Arrays:

Hasselblad 500c, Songar 150/f4.0, HP5+, HC-110 (B), X1 scan.

Chris