The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

viablex1

Thanks for the link Viablex 1,have been there before but the soft version is new to me,the price is new too!Has to be expected though,it will always be worth it.Wether I can afford it is another question.I have 8 packs left.
I hear you it is expensive, I cleaned out my local walgreens, I hear that fuji will be marketing their instax products now. But I just bought an old sx-70 and some film for that!!

keep them coming very cool!!!

bensonga

Another from the Mamiya TLR. I really need to dig this camera out of the closet and start shooting again.

C220, 80mm lens (I think), B&W film (most likely Ilford FP4), Epson 2450 scan.

Cleveland Ohio.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Francois_A

Beautiful image William!
One does not need ultimate sharpness to create an evocative image!

I am intrigued by the black margins; Is this a scan of a palladium print?

All the best,

Francois

H

hvk

Abandoned Steelworks in Fagersta, Sweden.

Mamiya 645AFD with 45/2.8. Tmax 100 pushed to 400ASA. Scanned on Imacon 848.

/Henrik

helenhill

Gary: Love the Austere Treetrunk Landscape

William & HVK: Love the way the photos follow each other
The Dark Side of the Nun being followed by Confirmation Angels who Stumble into HVK's
Abandoned Steelwork 'symbolic crosses' ....
Daphne Du Maurier meets Bergman in Film...:ROTFL::ROTFL:

the ever Whacked Helen :)

bensonga

Love the way the photos follow each other
The Dark Side of the Nun being followed by Confirmation Angels who Stumble into HVK's Abandoned Steelwork 'symbolic crosses' ....
Daphne Du Maurier meets Bergman in Film...:ROTFL::ROTFL:

the ever Whacked Helen :)
Can't believe I didn't see that (lack of imagination or insight).....thank you Helen for opening my eyes! :thumbup:

Gary Benson (aka Pumpkin Head)
Eagle River, Alaska

emmawest72

Beautiful image William!
One does not need ultimate sharpness to create an evocative image!

I am intrigued by the black margins; Is this a scan of a palladium print?

All the best,

Francois
Francois,

Thanks for the kind comment.

This is simply a scan of a print. The black borders are the result of myself filing out the neg carrier to be able to produce a black border. In this case I decided to include the whole border which explains the uneven structure.

William

Stuart Richardson

Cool shots Jeremy -- love the second one.

I was shooting the R9 again recently...I have not been using it very much, but my lord, the lenses are so nice. These aren't the greatest pictures, but I love the way the latest 50mm summilux R looks. This is the E60 version. Here are two taken wide open:

I have the 50mm f/1.4 ASPH for the M, but I really like the way the 50mm f/1.4 E60 draws -- it is sharper than the old Summilux M (and doesn't have the ring bokeh), but not blazingly sharp like the summilux ASPH. It is the perfect balance in my view...

Here is one from a few years ago -- it has the great balance of very sharp in focus, but really gorgeous bokeh.

kevin

I have the 50mm f/1.4 ASPH for the M, but I really like the way the 50mm f/1.4 E60 draws -- it is sharper than the old Summilux M (and doesn't have the ring bokeh), but not blazingly sharp like the summilux ASPH. It is the perfect balance in my view...
Stuart, you might like the Hexanon 50/1.2. :thumbup:

emmawest72

I failed to resist temptation and got my self a Pentax 67 with 105mm lens. Fantastic camera and the ease of handling is just perfect to me.

Here is a shot from my first roll ( Trix @400). These big negs are nothing short of fantastic.

Hope you enjoy.

Stuart Richardson

Nice William -- I think people believe the mystique of medium format comes from the greater resolution over 35mm...I think it is more of a function of depth of field.