The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Godfrey

Godfrey, how have you been scanning your instant prints? Laying my Instax prints directly onto my Epson flatbed scanner glass results in whopping newton rings, so I've made a frame out of thin cardboard which floats it just above the glass, but even then I have to redo some because the prints aren't all that flat to begin with.

The jury's still out as far as the Mini 90 is concerned, but it's got a certain charm to it.
I don't judge instant film integral prints by the standards of digital or film; even instant pack film produces sharper results. I find it takes some time to readjust my eyes and look at it for what it is. :)

I've used the Impossible Project print holding jig with my flatbed scanner for SX-70, 600, and Spectra type prints. It's a bit tricky to deal with sometimes and as the sticky stuff gets less so, can be a PITA to make it work. Lately, I've used the E-M1 on a copy stand with a kludgey baffle box preventing reflections to capture them into digital form, or the scanner in my multifunction printer (it doesn't seem to have the same propensity to newton rings as my Epson scanner).

G

chrism

Last night I soldered a power supply and a potentiometer to the motorised Rondinax and tonight I wanted to try it with a colour film. Having no one else home, sat myself in front of the F6 and guessed the focus (rather badly). The Superia 400 came out of the machine quite nicely though:

Self-portrait by chrism229, on Flickr

Chris

SHV

This thread has gotten me thinking about film again; dusted off the SWC and shot a roll of T-Max 100 in the back yard. Develop T-Max, scan Nikon 9000.

Steve

chrism

I acquired a Rondix this week - a tank with no film reel. It works with my monobath and today I put some Fuji Superia through it:

Pansies 4 by chrism229, on Flickr
F6, 28-300mm, Unicolor presskit, LS9000ED scan.

Chris

chrism

The epoxy failed on the motorised Rondinax that my son made, so I decided to rebuild it. This time I have a wooden base with quarter-round strip to hold the tank in place. The motor is attached to the wooden base rather than to the tank. The tank can be lifted off to pour out solutions, and then placed back in situ, where the cogs will engage and rotation continues. Simpler, easier to use and I hope it will be sturdier. I'm planning to run a Fuji Superia 400 through it this afternoon.

New motorised Rondinax by chrism229, on Flickr

New motorised Rondinax by chrism229, on Flickr

Chris