The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

chrism

One (predictable) modification to my baseplate: I used a spiral saw to cut a slot under the front edge of the tank so that liquids leaking around the axle don't get into the motor, but drain through the slot into a dishcloth placed under the baseplate. The negatives look just like any other colour negatives and are drying.

C.

chrism

Two 10x8 portraits at work today:

Brenda by chrism229, on Flickr

Erin by chrism229, on Flickr

Both Chamonix 10x8, Schneider Kreuznach Symmar-S 360mm/f6.8 @f8, 1/2 second, Ilford HP5+ @400, Qualls' monobath in BTZS tubes, Epson 4870 scans.

Chris

MikalWGrass

Ancient Nikonos with 35 mm lens. Think the film was a Kodak 800. I don't like it as much as the Fuji 800 npz. My kids in the pool. I desaturated the blues in the shot of my daughter so it appears as if she is floating. The reds scanned this way in the first photo. I left them pretty much alone because my wife likes the red in our daughter's hair. The second shot I increased the blues to give the photo a bit of depth.

lolaUnderwaterSuspended (1 of 1) by Mikal Grass, on Flickr

IvanLolaBubbles (1 of 1) by Mikal Grass, on Flickr

Any likes, thank you in advance.

bensonga

I recently purchased my first interchangeable lens, 35mm rangefinder film camera (a Voigtlander Bessa R2a). Shot my first roll with Ilford Delta 100. Went to my usual places for test shots. While I was at it, I took similar photos with my Fuji X100. I'll post the companion shot (converted to B&W) on the Fuji forum here, if you are interested in comparing the two images.

Bessa R2a, Zeiss 35mm f2 Biogon, Ilford Delta 100, lab scan, additional B&W processing with Topaz.

bensonga

The Alaska Railroad Depot, Anchorage, Alaska. Built in 1942, it is on the National Register of Historic Places. Still in use today.

Voigtlander Bessa R2a, Zeiss 35mm f2 Biogon lens, Ilford Delta 100.

bensonga

Shot with a 40 year old Leica SLR...a real pleasure to use.

Gary

Leicaflex SL2, 50mm Summicron, Ilford Delta 100.

- - - Updated - - -

One more from the SL2. This was the first roll of film I put thru this camera. I forgot there were some early shots from this past winter. I don't shoot film as often as I should.

Gary

Godfrey

All: Voigtländer Perkeo II, Tri-X

• Processed in a Rondinax-60 daylight developing tank.
  • Scanned with a Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 pre-AI fitted to the Leica M-P, using a Beseler 23C 6x6 negative carrier as a mask on a flat panel light box.
  • Inversion and adjustment in Lightroom 6.1.

enjoy, G

Tim

Film scan from my archives of 1980-1990 film.
This could be from my Olympus OM4 days, most likely the 40mm f2 or possibly even Leica R.

I like the diagonal light

Tim

Whitsunday Islands at sunset, Film scan from OM4, lens ? - I can't recall.
Scanner is a Minolta DiImage 5400 MkII

It was a fair climb up the hill.
That bar between the islands goes underwater at high tide.
You don't want to get caught on the island to the right or you are stuck there for the night. :cry: