The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

chrism

I decided to do some 4x5 today, but lacked a model so I ended up using a tape measure and some guesswork to do a self-portrait. As I was developing a pair of negatives, our member of parliament (we have a federal election next month) knocked on the door. I knew him long before he first was elected, so I invited him into the darkroom and he watched while his handlers fumed outside. He stayed to see the negatives come out of the tank, and that might just have been the best part of his day (he does 200 doorsteps a day at 2 minutes each!)

Chamonix 4x5, Schneider 127mm, HP5+, HC-110, V850 scan:

Self Portrait by chrism229, on Flickr

Chris

Malina DZ

Chris, every shot of yours has 3D all over the subjects :)
Do you shoot your portraits with aperture wide open? Any special focusing aids for Pentax 645N or Hasselblad 500?

chrism

Wide open, and with a monopod indoors as even with ISO400 films, I'm at 1/15 or 1/30 in the light at the nurses' station.

Godfrey

Leica R8 + Macro-Elmarit-R 60mm f/2.8
ISO 400 @ f/4 @ 1/90 (est.)
Ilford Delta 400

So much attention on the Leica SL the past few days ...
While I was waiting for it to be released, I processed and scanned the last three rolls of film I'd shot and found a number of nice photos there. :)

enjoy, G

chrism

The hematology clinic is running late so as I sit waiting for my appointment I have been reviewing this thread from the start. There is some jaw-droppingly good stuff here (I apologise for waking up some old posters with a 'Like' for a photo posted years ago, but I can't fail to acknowledge the sheer quality when I see it!) and I have been especially interested to see the SWC photos as I have now acquired a 1968 version. I really loved the landscapes that srw (where did you go?) posted, along with Louis and others, but I am going to be perverse and try to do some portraits with it.

This one from srw might just be my favourite photograph on the whole site:

Spltrck1-XL.jpg

I know I won't match that, but what an inspiration!

Chris

Last edited:

Godfrey

Ilford Delta Pro 400

Processed in the Agfa Rondix 35 using my now-standard film methodology: HC-110 @ 1:50 from concentrate, temp 68°F, 8 minutes. Scanned with Nikon Coolscan V ED and VueScan. Imported and finished in Lightroom v6.3.

For the Rondix, I've taken to two seconds per turn for the first crank to end of roll, then one second per turn for the rest of the processing sequence. Seems to have worked very nicely for both Delta Pro 400 and ACROS 100.

enjoy,
G

Godfrey

Ilford Delta Pro 400

Processed in Agfa Rondix 35 using HC-110 (1:49 from concentrate) 8 minutes @ 68°F.
Scanned with Nikon Coolscan V ED, finished in Lightroom 6.3.

Enjoy!

G