The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

MartinN

Hello
I have got some Ektachrome 200 with expiration date 1989 - yes that was 27 years ago.
I exposed the following wonders from The Netherlands with my modified ETTL procedure
for getting maximum saturation. Perhaps I can add some light to my next experiments.

2016-05-17-0005.jpg2016-05-17-0006.jpg2016-05-17-0007.jpg

Not all experiments turn out successfully however, this image was from a batch of Agfachrome RS200 with expiration date 1990. It makes me wonder how this film has been stored. Totally useless.
2016-05-05-0003.jpg

Godfrey

Shall we open a pool on how long you can last before you buy a Crown Graphic?

Chris:grin:
LOL!

Actually, what I've wanted for some time is an 8x10 camera so that I can use Impossible Project 8x10 instant film. I just can't find a good enough rationale and justification for spending the money given how much I'd actually use the kit. :toocool:

Camera + lens: $1500-2500
Processor (refurbished, motorized): $1500
Film holder: $200-400
Film: $20 per exposure

sigh.

G

Last edited:

Godfrey

Testing manual exposures ... Sorry about the model. :)

Impossible I-1
Impossible Yellow Duochrome film

G

Godfrey

Getting comfortable with the I-1 ... Grab shot at the cafe, Thursday morning.

Impossible I-1
Impossible 600 B&W v2.0

enjoy!
G

Godfrey

Experimented with a pack of Impossible 600 Cyanograph film in the I-1 ...

Impossible I-1
Impossible 600 Cyanograph

enjoy!
G

chrism

10x8 takes lots of work. I've spent six hours (possibly all wasted) on this so far, and Flickr won't upload it.

So here it is from another site. Chamonix 10x8, Nikkor-M 300mm/f9, Ilford Hp5+ @640, Diafine in BTZS tubes, Epson V850 scan:

Chris

Godfrey

Yes, the Flickr.com uploader system was having a lot of problems yesterday. They seem to have it back in operation now.

I did some 4x5, 5x7, and 8x10 work once upon a time with a large format enthusiast friend. Yes, it's a huge amount of work—love the results, though. I just don't think I'd do it very much even if I had the gear at my disposal; it's not my style.

I tried another setup for capturing the instant film prints yesterday using the Leica SL, 60mm macro, etc. Modestly successful ... decent quality, and reasonably quick. I need to actually build a proper jig, though, along with the right lighting for best evenness in capture. The little buggers are a pain to scan or photograph because of the glossy acrylic cover sheet.

Another memento with the cyanographic film:

Impossible I-1
Impossible 600 Cyanographic

And an exposure with some regular 600 color (v3 beta) to show that "normal" photos are also possible with the I-1:

Impossible I-1
Impossible 600 Color 3.0 beta 2

enjoy!

G

Godfrey

Manual mode with this one, using the I-1 app from my iPhone... Set focus to Macro mode (.2-.5 yards), then used a reading from the Light Meter app for ISO 640 @ f/8 @ 1/15 second.

Impossible I-1
Impossible 600 Yellow Duotone

enjoy!
G