The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

PeterA

I admire your can do attitude. The JOBO systems are interesting - but I am a long way from Germany..

incidentally ..the Sinar M lenses in Zeis formulation are apparently different in that they are finished by hand ( I am told) thus delivering a much closer to theoretical spec lens. I am getting pretty cynical about 'claims' from all manufactueres these days...

looking forward to a release of a 6x6 film back for the Hy6...

Stuart Richardson

"incidentally ..the Sinar M lenses in Zeis formulation are apparently different in that they are finished by hand ( I am told) thus delivering a much closer to theoretical spec lens. I am getting pretty cynical about 'claims' from all manufactueres these days..."

You and me both...Sinar told me that the new AFD versions were better than the older (but still less than 3 or 4 years old) AF lenses. I went to calumet and tested my 80mm f/2.8 AF versus their 80mm AFD on their Leaf 33mp back and my film. The shots were 100% identical at every aperture. The only difference I saw was that the new lens has no aperture ring. I am not saying that there ISN'T a difference, just that it is 100% invisible on 645 film and a 33mp sensor, which for me means that there is no practical difference.

Anyway, yes, I am looking forward to the 6x6 back on the Hy6, but to be honest, unless it is cheap (not likely), I am not primed to buy one. It will probably be 2000 dollars or more, knowing Sinar, which just isn't worth it for me. I'll stick with the 'blad!

PeterA

yep the 205TCC series camera I have keeps on delivering.. I may cough up for a film back in Hy6 but yeah teh prices are killing me - the PQ lenses I have are very nice..much better than I expected to be frank.

wjlapier

One from last year with a Nikon 35Ti--Provia I think, and the other from maybe two years ago with Nikon F5--forgot lens, but probably 24mm--Velvia 50. Glacier National Park.

Lloyd

One from last year with a Nikon 35Ti--Provia I think, and the other from maybe two years ago with Nikon F5--forgot lens, but probably 24mm--Velvia 50. Glacier National Park.
Awesome!! And one of my favorite places too!:thumbs:

wjlapier

OK, another. Probably shot with a Yashica camera of some sort and Samyang zoom lens ( which are still around here somewhere ).

This is a picture of my grandmother from 1992 during a reception after my wife and I had backpacked in Glacier National Park for a week for our honeymoon. Alot of my family still live in Montana in a town called Browning on a Blackfeet Indian reservation. My grandmother is still alive at 94 years old and feisty as ever. She has that radical AIM look about her :D

Lloyd

OK, another. Probably shot with a Yashica camera of some sort and Samyang zoom lens ( which are still around here somewhere ).

This is a picture of my grandmother from 1992 during a reception after my wife and I had backpacked in Glacier National Park for a week for our honeymoon. Alot of my family still live in Montana in a town called Browning on a Blackfeet Indian reservation. My grandmother is still alive at 94 years old and feisty as ever. She has that radical AIM look about her :D
Great shot. Does look like something from an AIM rally. :)

Browning is a great place, and one of my favorite restaurants is there (although I can't remember the name offhand. South of town, toward the mountains. Pretty rustic, and pot roast to die for!)

(My father was born and raised on the Uintah & Ouray Reservation. I spent much of my youth there as well.)

wjlapier

Great shot. Does look like something from an AIM rally. :)

Browning is a great place, and one of my favorite restaurants is there (although I can't remember the name offhand. South of town, toward the mountains. Pretty rustic, and pot roast to die for!)

(My father was born and raised on the Uintah & Ouray Reservation. I spent much of my youth there as well.)
Browning hasn't changed much over the years. We visit every year during the summer and spend at least a week near St Mary on Lower St Mary Lake.

The gun was actually a toy, but when I saw the slide for the first time I had a chuckle to myself. As you can imagine, my grandma makes a big fuss about the picture, but all the grandkids and great-grandkids love it!

Where is the Uintah & Ouray reservation?

Thanx for the coments!

Bill

Lloyd

Browning hasn't changed much over the years. We visit every year during the summer and spend at least a week near St Mary on Lower St Mary Lake.

The gun was actually a toy, but when I saw the slide for the first time I had a chuckle to myself. As you can imagine, my grandma makes a big fuss about the picture, but all the grandkids and great-grandkids love it!

Where is the Uintah & Ouray reservation?

Thanx for the coments!

Bill
U&O is in Northeastern Utah.

JimCollum

testing the new Ektar 100 from an Xpan & 90mm lens, taken early morning at Sutro Baths (scanned with an Eversmart Pro scanner)

Lars

Jim, I'm sure you noticed... you might want to try masking the negs when scanning, the light from the frame spills into the image slightly. Should be real easy to do with the Eversmart. OTOH the scans look cool with the frame included, and part of the reason for posting was the film used of course. Great shots, as always.

That Ektar does look good. How did you meter? My Xpan is first generation with centerweighted metering, and it's really tricky with slide film, bracketing is a must if there is any sky in the frame.

Last edited:

sizifo

Here are some recent photos. First medium format and film development attempts by me - hasselblad 503cw + 80mm. Scanned at snappy snaps, badly, for a ridiculous price. This is HP5.

Last edited:

Lloyd

And three more. Dust spots and scratches reduced but not gone. This is delta100.
Very nice. (I like the first set too, although the shyness of your model limits our appreciation of her beauty;))

I particularly like the first and last image of this set. What camera/lens(es) are you using here?

sizifo

Hi. Thanks. I reedited my post a few times to provide the info. Hassi 503cw + 80mm.

Here is one where I finally got the model to disentangle from her coat :) . Personally, I think the first one is more interesting. But on second thoughts, the second one I posted isn't that good really, and is a bit out of focus.

Should add, this series was handheld at 1/60 .

Last edited:

Lloyd

Hi. Thanks. I reedited my post a few times to provide the info. Hassi 503cw + 80mm.

Here is one where I finally got the model to disentangle from her coat :) . Personally, I think the first one is more interesting. But on second thoughts, the second one I posted isn't that good really, and is a bit out of focus.
Thanks for the info. I like this shot... the DOF here is just right. Nicely done.