The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

Stuart Richardson

Beautiful! Is that pushed, or did you use a crop?

Here are a few from a week or so ago -- photographing at night. I did not expose them quite enough. I should have left them longer.

emmawest72

Hi Stuart,

It is pushed (800 or 1000) and I also messed up the development which gives this effect, but I still like it.

Your 2nd night image is wonderful. Acros?

Take care
Wil

Stuart Richardson

Hi Wil,
Yes, it's Acros. I like the effect in yours as well. The look is so classic. And with that hair and that expression, he looks like a young Julius Caesar. Watch out!

wjlapier

Here ya go Lloyd.

I just started developing B+W and found a roll I never sent off from last year. I think this was shot with a Nikon S2 rangefinder and Zeiss Biogon 21/4.5 ( 50's version ). I've since sold the S2, but still have the lens. Tmax400 in D76.

Lloyd

Here ya go Lloyd.

I just started developing B+W and found a roll I never sent off from last year. I think this was shot with a Nikon S2 rangefinder and Zeiss Biogon 21/4.5 ( 50's version ). I've since sold the S2, but still have the lens. Tmax400 in D76.
Beautiful image... I'm about 80% digital these days, but yes, there's something very special about a good b/w film image. Thanks!! :salute:

helenhill

all theses Images make my Heart beat FASTER....
just Outstanding
the Life & Light they Hold

Neil: I feel as if I'm their hangin on the Conversation
William; Little man Portrait is Divine...Old World Regal Charm
Stuart: Your landscapes are Hypnotic & Serene
:clap:

robmac

sizifo - nice shot. Did a great job handheld - strong acuity in the details of the sweater. Like the 2nd shot above w/same model - comes across like the model was having some fun.

carstenw

Here's another image taken with my Hasselblad 501CM, Ilford Delta 100 and Epson 750 scan. From the Alaska Railroad yards along Ship Creek in Anchorage. I'm printing this image today for the December BW print exchange on my Epson 2200 with QTR.
Gary, how do you find the V750 for scanning? Do you still use it? I just ordered one for scanning my 6x6 and 645 negs, and will probably also do some 35mm, although I understand that the latter doesn't get the same level of quality.

carstenw

I mostly use Gitzo and Berlebach tripods, but I do have a few Bogens that would be ok for the P67...but I'm not much into ball heads.
How do you find the performance of the carbon Gitzos compared to the Berlebach, for equal-weight tripods? I have seen one test which shows more or less that tripod stability is directly proportional to their weight, but I am curious in this specific case, due to the excellence of both.

Stuart Richardson

Thanks Carsten,
Glad you like it. It was shot was the 50 distagon FE, and probably around f/4 (it is a 2.8 lens). It was on Provia 400X, probably at 400, but maybe 800. Exposure time was probably not longer than a minute or two. I did some post processing to increase exposure a bit I think. I may have just let the exposure to the meter in the 203FE -- it is a very sensitive meter. If not, I probably metered based on a shot from the D3, which I was also using at the time. I did not counter in reciprocity, which is fairly low on Provia 400X. It was not a very long exposure. It is kind of hard to go wrong at these speeds -- the 30 seconds versus 2 minutes yields a reasonably similar shot in a lot of cases.