The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

More and more film fun with something other than a Leica M

N

nei1

Thanks Cindy,I remember walking by a few weeks later and there were about a dozen herons around the boat but the lighting wasnt there,a very different photo,no camera though.Its surprising in a photo of this type where its all about shapes and tones how distracting even the smallest highlights can be.The two bright highlights on the boat if removed change the image slightly.........all the best,Neil.

N

nei1

Thanks William,theres a nice feeling to the foto without the complete reflection and maybe youd have missed that blue sweep to the sky.................Neil.

Amin

William, that is a terrific photo, and I wouldn't have changed a thing.

This is just a photo of my dad and wife Virginia yesterday. My dad healthy until this year, has had some recent problems. I like the way this one turned out despite the tree growing out of Gini's head. Ikon ZM, CV 35/1.4 MC, BW400CN, sharpened automatically too much during Flickr resizing.

Lloyd

William, that is a terrific photo, and I wouldn't have changed a thing.

This is just a photo of my dad and wife Virginia yesterday. My dad healthy until this year, has had some recent problems. I like the way this one turned out despite the tree growing out of Gini's head. Ikon ZM, CV 35/1.4 MC, BW400CN, sharpened automatically too much during Flickr resizing.

Nice image. I love the way the DoF isolates your subjects. And, I have a growing appreciation of that CN400.

Your Dad's a handsome guy. Is that his wife, or yours?

Amin

Thank you Lloyd! This was my first roll of CN400, and I think I prefer it to Ilford XP2, the other C41 B&W film I've been shooting.

Lloyd

Thank you Lloyd! This was my first roll of CN400, and I think I prefer it to Ilford XP2, the other C41 B&W film I've been shooting.
I prefer the XP2 as well, but the CN is, as I said, growing on me. (BTW, you have some truly wonderful images on your website. Great stuff!)

Amin

Thanks Lloyd, very kind of you to say that about my website photos!

These analog forum threads are IMO amongst the very best threads here; I'm feeling inspired to try shooting some silver, but the C41 is just so convenient.

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd, very kind of you to say that about my website photos!

These analog forum threads are IMO amongst the very best threads here; I'm feeling inspired to try shooting some silver, but the C41 is just so convenient.
I agree, on all three counts.

Stuart Richardson

I love that I live in a country where you can get out on the national highway, pull over, take a photo like this in one direction:

Then turn around, and take this:

All the while, being fairly confident that another car is not going to come along and run you over.
Anyway, here are two more from the same place:

bensonga

No pictures to share yet (I just got the first rolls back from the local custom lab last weekend and I haven't had time to scan any yet)....but yes, I am having FUN shooting film with the Canon EOS 1V I purchased from Fotografz. That is one sweet camera. Part of me says it makes no sense to shoot 35mm film anymore...but what the heck, this camera is really a joy to use. Mostly shooting with my 24-70mm f2.8L lens thus far.

Hope to get some film scanned and posted here soon.

Gary
Alaska

P.S. I was out shooting with the EOS 1V today during my lunch hour when we had an earthquake here in Anchorage. I wobbled a bit, recovered my footing and kept right on shooting! Too bad that 24-70 f2.8L isn't image stabilized! :ROTFL:

Amin

Another fantastic photograph, William. Great use of the perspective and shadows.

Massive ongoing construction at The Johns Hopkins Hospital:

Here's the fine print (crop):

Just across the street, homes are boarded up and deserted:

First was CV 35/1.4, Superia 400, second was ZM 50/2, Superia 200, both shot on the Ikon.

Last edited:

helenhill

Neil ,William, Amin. Stuart
ALL TRES FAB
This is one of the BEST ANALOG Parties EVER online

Thanx for the Inspiration :toocool: