The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Medium format for landscapes

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Mamiya 7II is my idea of an almost ideal portable landscape camera. You'll be wanting the 43/VF & 65mm as a minimum. I've had three and sold them and I KNOW that I'll buy a fourth when I've got money to burn again.

If I were to choose a single lens outfit it would be the Mamiya 7II & 65mm (or 80mm if you prefer a bit longer). With the Mamiya the lenses are superb but ignore the hyper-focal settings and stop down another 1-2 stops in my experience.

Shashin

:facesmack:

Aww crap, I didn't need to see that 612 Pro ... I've been wondering about getting something with rise/fall as an alternative to my Fuji G617 and now I see this!

Thanks!
You are welcome. What are fiends for? ;-)

I will not tell you that Horseman also makes a 6x17 camera with rise and fall. It might be too much of a temptation.

Texsport

Mamiya 7II is my idea of an almost ideal portable landscape camera. You'll be wanting the 43/VF & 65mm as a minimum. I've had three and sold them and I KNOW that I'll buy a fourth when I've got money to burn again.

If I were to choose a single lens outfit it would be the Mamiya 7II & 65mm (or 80mm if you prefer a bit longer). With the Mamiya the lenses are superb but ignore the hyper-focal settings and stop down another 1-2 stops in my experience.
Unfortunately, cannot be purchased for the $750-1,000 budget described.

Texsport