The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Contax T (the original)

V

Vivek

Anyone using one of these?

I picked one up recently since my Minox' and XA' all died. I hope the T will work for a while. Although no scanner would ever match the output from the Leica MM, I still would like to try to deplete my film stock.

JoelM

I haven't used one in many years, but the IQ is amazing. IIRC, that door flap is a weak point, but otherwise, it is a first rate little camera.

Enjoy!

V

Vivek

Thanks, Joel. :)

If the camera (electronic shutter) works, it should be fine, I think.

D&A

In the "film only" era, I never went out without one of my trusty Contax T's. First the black one and then my favorite, the silver. Small, compact and the couldn't ask much more from the lens which was spectacular. Neither gave me any real issues to deal with, but at times, the film transport would be very hard to advance as though the film was jamming up. I always wished a digital version would be produced..no LCD screen...simply the way it was designed. I wasn't as enamored with it's successor, the Contax T2.

Dave (D&A)

V

Vivek

Well, there are many compact digicams nowadays. Hopefully, one day, there will be a full frame digital cam about the size of a Contax T. I still have several hundred rolls of film to use. :)

Yes, it is the Titanium version that I am getting, complete with a Ruby shutter release button. :)

V

Vivek

Camera finally arrived and loaded (correctly) a HP-5. I thought the cam does not work (fresh set of batteries) but it does! :thumbs:

Without reading the instruction manual (http://www.cameramanuals.org/contax/contax_t-1.pdf Fabulous service here! :thumbs:), I would not have figured out how to set the film speed.

Fabulous! :thumbs:

PS: Joel, The lens flap door is a bit stiff (compared to my Minox') but is manageable.

V

Vivek

Me too.:) Although I am already done with 2x36exp rolls and appear to be going at about 1 roll/2days, I have to see if I have the chemicals to develop.

Scanning is going to be a bigger problem. :loco:

The camera is sheer joy though! :)