The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

How to Rewind Film on the Mamiya 7 II

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I'm not sure what you are asking. Are you finished with the roll, or do you really want to rewind for some reason?

Oren Grad

120 film isn't like 35mm film - you don't need to rewind it.

You remove the completed roll and seal it with the little tab that's provided on the backing paper, then move the empty spool from the other side of the camera to become the new take-up spool.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Yes, what Oren said. After the last exposure, wind the advance lever several times till the film is completely wound onto the take-up spool. The lever will get easier to push when the film has been completely wound.

You might want to download the manual. There are lots of interesting features on the Mamiya 7 that warrant reading the manual. :thumbup: It is a fantastic camera, with super-sharp lenses.

FSOT

You guys are the best. Thanks especially to Oren I was able to catch more lights before it was gone.

FSOT

Today was my first day with the Mamiya 7 II and the 43mm lens. I love the compact lens but felt the camera was not as well built as a Hasselblad 503CW.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Today was my first day with the Mamiya 7 II and the 43mm lens. I love the compact lens but felt the camera was not as well built as a Hasselblad 503CW.
Ah but the mamiya is built to be more portable so less metal and hence the acrylic feel. Like a few others, the Mamiya 7II, 43 & 65mm lenses are on my bought, sold, bought again, sold again, will buy again list.

Ignore the Mamiya DoF guides and add another stop if you zone or retro focus. They were always optimistic with their markings.