The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

E -6 processing

viablex1

I have not gone up to that level yet but my lab closed in Atlanta Georgia looking for a great lab

Any body use reed's photo lab mail order?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I still have access to a useable lab, but they made stripes on the entire last batch of negatives, so buying a Jobo now. That also enables me to use CMS 20, which requires special processing chemicals :)

Last edited:

ReeRay

Fortunate to have a very good Pro lab nearby who I'm determined to support to keep them in them in business!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I fear not. If there's another other than IQ Lab in Bangkok please advise.
I don't think so. I use IQ Lab too, and mostly they have done good work for me, but four scratched films was a setback. I'll probably do both in the future: Let them process when I'm lazy but process special projects and film myself. CMS 20 is a good example, since they don't do processing if special chemicals are required.

Also, I plan to start doing 4 x 5 within the coming year, and that too I would like to do myself :)

GregMO

I use a local lab that is about 20 min away from me for processing. They do push/ pull & process up to 8x10 sizes. (Dodge Chrome). I havent had any complaints from their developing. I shoot 120, 4x5, 5x7 & recently added an 8x10 for B&W.
The only mail order lab I have tried is Dwyane's.

I do my own E6 these days, but I second the recommendation for Dwayne's. They do nice work and reasonably fast turnaround via mail.

BANKER1

I did my own film and slide processing over 30 years ago, but at that time Kodak made a hobby pack for small batches and shelf life. I'm not sure how to go in today's environment or how I'd begin. However, I still have a complete darkroom including a Beseler 23CII XL enlarger. With digital, it just sits there gathering dust along with my 500 C/M. A Cibichrome print took fifteen minutes to process. And, that was just the beginning point with adjustments taking fifteen minutes each. Glad those days are gone! However, I still display prints that look as good as they did over 30 years ago.

Greg

ReeRay

I don't think so. I use IQ Lab too, and mostly they have done good work for me, but four scratched films was a setback. I'll probably do both in the future: Let them process when I'm lazy but process special projects and film myself. CMS 20 is a good example, since they don't do processing if special chemicals are required.

Also, I plan to start doing 4 x 5 within the coming year, and that too I would like to do myself :)
IQ lab now ceased E6 processing!

However Pro Color Lab Co.,Ltd. : ? ? ??? ?ó?? ??? ?ó?? ? ?? ?? ??? Fokon,Fokon,Rime Lite, Aurora,?ö?, ??, ?¡?, ?ö?, ??ö?, ?????, ???, ???, ??? ?ó???, Kentmere,ILFORD,?, ?? are still in the business - for now.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thank you for that information, Ray. Question is if I should concentrate on Ektar 100 instead of Velvia then. Colours are similar, although not as punchy, and it's much, much cheaper.

Oh... they are in that dreadful area between Lad Prao and Rama IX. Get lost there, and you never see sunlight again :ROTFL:

Last edited:

Professional

I hope soon i can buy that JOBO then i can process colors by myself, i was using a lab which the only one in the country i live in, but last time was over 3 years, and one friend who is shooting film told me that they almost reduced film processing too much, i think they only process b&W or only slide up to 4x5 and no color neg, not sure, so in all cases they may not be in business later if i will return back to shoot film mostly in color, so my only solution now is to buy JOBO to do consistent processing with colors [B&W i have no problem but with JOBO it is a big plus for B&W too].