The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

need good "street" lens for a Nikon F100..

trioderob

Picked up a nice used F100 body over the weekend and need a street lens.

I am thinking around 35 mm

I can spend a little on so quality is more important to me than cost

any ideas ???

turtle

I'd personally aim for a slow compact 35mm to keep the handling sharp. I think the Sigma 35 1.4 DG might be a bit on the large side and would not be my personal preference.

You could always consider the Voigtlander 40mm f2.8 pancake?

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
VC lenses are good...some very good. They do the manufacturing for Zeiss DSLR and M lenses...

A great choice would be the Nikon 45 P....small like a lens cap but a Tessar so sharp with a beautiful falloff towards the edges....

Sounds like a fun dilemma.

Best luck with the choice.

Bob

fotografz

When I shot Nikon film cameras for street work, I found the manual focus too slow using some Zeiss glass even with a Bright Screen with split diagonal micro prism, and a VF mag … unless you have enough light to use hyper-focal distance focusing.

35/1.4 AF would be my choice … makes for a brighter viewfinder when light gets lower, and can get the shutter speed up when needed.

- Marc