The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

GX 680III Update

GaryAyala

My camera came in yesterday from Japan. It appears new, complete with an unblemished box and Japanese instruction manual. (I smelled it expecting a new car smell ... got nothing but a faint hint of maguro.)

Still waiting for backs and fronts (lenses).

Gary

Shashin

:worthless:

Sometimes the Japanese manuals are no easier to understand than the English ones. ;)

Well, if it starts smelling like fermented bean paste (natto), you may want to disinfect it.

GaryAyala

Maybe tomorrow. I am too beat up from Thanksgiving to pick up a camera. I am still missing backs and fronts (lenses) for the thing. But bits and pieces are coming in everyday.

Last edited:

Shashin

I am too beat up from Thanksgiving to pick up a camera.
Tell me about it. This is what I got for Thanksgiving. No, not an ice-cream cone, but 10"–12" of snow. That pot has a 24" diameter. But that is not the tough part. My snowblower broke half way down my 225' driveway. (I took the picture before plowing my driveway ;) )

Last edited:

Shashin

Wow, we have moved into the 20th century at least...

:)

Oh, you mean temperature. You keep your house warm.

Last edited:

GaryAyala

Wow, we have moved into the 20th century at least...

:)

Oh, you mean temperature. You keep your house warm.
LOL ... yes warm not hot, a lot of insulation and an attic fan goes along way. Plus keeping the windows open significantly reduces the need to turn on our A/C.

Last edited:

Shashin

It kind of reminds me of Christmas when you get that toy you wanted, but mom and dad forgot to get the batteries...

The GX 680III is one of those special systems. Nothing quite like it. But Fuji has always been a little crazy that way. Making cameras most would never want, but a few really love. I mean who comes out with a folding dual-format medium-format rangefinder camera when no one is buying film cameras anymore?

GaryAyala

It kind of reminds me of Christmas when you get that toy you wanted, but mom and dad forgot to get the batteries...

The GX 680III is one of those special systems. Nothing quite like it. But Fuji has always been a little crazy that way. Making cameras most would never want, but a few really love. I mean who comes out with a folding dual-format medium-format rangefinder camera when no one is buying film cameras anymore?
Yep, Niche-Market-R-Us should be the name of the company. Come for the lenses ... stay for the oddball cameras.

But I do love the X series.

MCTuomey

Gary, I've almost finished putting the bits and pieces together for my GX680 kit as well. A little purchase here and there over the last year-and-a-half or so. Waiting on a finder, and one more back, and I'm done. Hoping to start shooting soon, despite the Michigan weather ...

GaryAyala

Gary, I've almost finished putting the bits and pieces together for my GX680 kit as well. A little purchase here and there over the last year-and-a-half or so. Waiting on a finder, and one more back, and I'm done. Hoping to start shooting soon, despite the Michigan weather ...
^5 ... were sorta like brothers.

Elderly

Are you sure that youv've got the GX680 III ?

It's years since I sold mine and the image I'm posting doesn't show the same side as yours,
but unless that 'lump' on the side of yours is some kind off accessory that I don't remember being available for the III, I suspect it's the battery housing for one of the earlier models.

GaryAyala

Are you sure that youv've got the GX680 III ?

It's years since I sold mine and the image I'm posting doesn't show the same side as yours,
but unless that 'lump' on the side of yours is some kind off accessory that I don't remember being available for the III, I suspect it's the battery housing for one of the earlier models.

Evening Ian,

It is the III. The 'lump' is an accessory AA battery holder, (my backup power source).

Gary