The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Viewfinder view

N

nei1

Has anyone ever documented how much of the finder is blocked by various lenses and finder magnifications?.............Neil.

N

nei1

WAs this a daft question,is it an individual thing?I"d have thought it a nice reference especially if ,like me,no one sells leica within hundreds of miles.Guess its difficult to do,might involve some drawing I suppose.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I am not aware of a table or listing of lens/finder interference. I have seen indications of it within individual lens reviews. Sounds like a project for you. Track it all down and condense it into a handy spreadsheet. ;)

N

nei1

Trouble is I only have a fifty and a 35,needs one of the collectors out there with access to a lot of lenses and cameras with the different magnifications.If I had all that it might be fun,more likely Id be bored to death which is probably why no one has done this,I do think it would be useful though.