The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon F Photomic?

cam

does anybody still use this? have any pointers?

all my digital bodies will be going in for calibration (including lenses), so i will be left with my first Nikon body -- just given to me by my father. any advice or pointers would be hugely appreciated.

TIA,
cam

W

wbrandsma

Hi Cam,

You might check here for an instruction manual. I hope your digital cameras are fixed quickly. In the meantime wishing you all the best.

cam

thank you, Wouter :)

the M8 isn't going in until the Epson is fixed, though two lenses are already with it (my 35 pre is off at infinity and i want to make sure the SA is safe on the R-D1).

i shot enough in two days of festivities (nephew's bar mitzvah) that i am kind of out of gas anyways. i don't do events....

excited about my Nikon, though. the viewfinder is out of this world!

(we're still trying to figure out if the meter works, though)

it's fun to mix it up every now and again, non?

you're doing lovely work with the DP1!

W

wbrandsma

Thank you Cam. Last weekend I hit something of a sweet spot with the DP1. I really like it. I hope you do have fun with the Nikon.

W

wbrandsma

Don't be wondered and suprised Monza. Cam and I do know the differences :D

cam

LOL!

i think we finally figured out the metering....

can't play with it right now, though, as my eye doctor insisted i give the contacts a rest and my new glasses (new prescription) won't be ready until next week.... now i know why i depended so heavily on the built in diopters in my magnifiers -- manual/rangefinder focus is hellish on the eye!

Can't help you with the F, but I suppose I should pull out my F2 just for grins. The F3 really isn't that different from my DMR save for the size.