The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

To brighten a dim rangefinder

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
"I just hit on an easy way to breathe new life into a dim rangefinder. They used to make orange filters to dim the primary RF image in screwmount Leicas, and this did improve contrast - but it darkened the primary view in the process. It occurred to me that what you really want to do is just darken that part of the primary image that's competing with the dim secondary ... a little spot in the center. This you can do, easily and quickly, with a bit of black tape or even a fine point marker pen..."

Full how to ....

M

Mark Ehlers

John, I saw this posted somewhere awhile back, but had lost the link. I have never tried it, but it sure seems to do the trick from these pictures. Thanks for the reminder, as I might have to try it sometime.

Hope you are well.