The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Success!

T

tokengirl

I developed my first roll of film in almost 25 years today. Nothing bad happened. :D

Tri-X in Rodinal 1:50 for 13 minutes. Biggest problem I have is that water comes out of my tap at about 84°, problem solved with an ice bath.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Excellent! Congratulations!

And FWIW, that sense of relief once you see the exposed and developed film (and "nothing bad happened") is, in my opinion, unique to shooting film. There always seemed to be a certain element of risk involved until that relaxing breath out when the goods passed inspection and were hanging up to dry.

bensonga

Whew....what a relief eh? Well done!!

It's been many years since I developed my own rolls of film. Longer still since I developed some sheet film. Even after developing my own film for 10+ years, I was always just a little nervous when hanging it up to dry. I know there is nothing truly magical about the process.....but even so, the gods are smiling when it all comes together.

Good job!

Gary

Maggie O

HOORAY!

I'm steeling my nerve to start developing some of the ten rolls of exposed film I've got on my desk here.

helenhill

Tri X in Rodinal my FAVORITE Cocktail....
its even better PUSHED to 800...to 1600 !!!

:salute: & Congrats

wjlapier

Nice. If only I had the time. And no dust in the house to get all over the negs. :)
We have a dusty neighborhood. I dry my negs in the shower after running the hot water for the length of time I do my final rinse. Not a problem. Scanning on the otherhand...

Congrats to the OP for your first roll. Always a great feeling to see images show up on the negative. If you have an extra roll of test photos, try Rodinal 1:100 for one hour. I did once and didn't pay close attention to water temp and the images turned out great.