The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Coolscan 9000 Discontinued

monza

This was posted on the Nikon Japan website about a month ago, now it is official in the USA. All our backorders have been cancelled.

monza

We were getting regular shipments all year (I sold about 50.) Whether they were already built and sitting in a warehouse, just waiting until they were gone so they could be discontinued, is unknown.

white.elephant

My goodness, maybe I should get an Epson 750 before they discontinue that. I scan all my 35mm negs on my Nikon 4000, and I'm always nervous that it'll give out at any time. Film will be around for quite a while, but scanners may not, it seems.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
My goodness, maybe I should get an Epson 750 before they discontinue that. I scan all my 35mm negs on my Nikon 4000, and I'm always nervous that it'll give out at any time. Film will be around for quite a while, but scanners may not, it seems.
I don't think it reflects a general trend. Nikon doesn't seem to have a place for the niche products anymore. It started when they killed the FM3A, and this year, the Coolscans and the F6 have met the axe. Dedicated film scanners seem to be becoming a things of the past, but there are other ways around that challenge.

Ben Rubinstein

Considering the rise of film cameras as a retro product you would think the demand for dedicated film scanners of a quality which would supercede that of the flatbeds, especially for 35mm, would be enough to pursuade the manufacturers. Oh well.