The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Film processing

DaveO

Just got my Ektar 100 film processed at NCPS for $ 31 with mid priced scan. Can anyone recommend a good place for processing and scanning that is cheaper. I have a price list for Photo Place, Dwaynes, and Holland Photo which are at least 50% cheaper. Has anyone used them and are very satisfied, How about Walmart since they send it out to Fuji? I guess I could forgo the scanning and just get the prints and save some money.

DaveO:deadhorse:

mathomas

$31 for one roll? :eek:

I have mine done at my local family-owned camera shop. It's never more than $15. Admittedly, they make a mess of B&W, so I do all that myself. I hope you can find a place locally that can do the same for you.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I used Dwaynes to process my Kodachrome (they did not scan it.) I received good service from them and they are well known. I'd give them a try. $31 is just not acceptable to me.
You can get a decent scanner for $400-500, maybe less.

Professional

And i thought it is so expensive in my country, i pay about $5.5 for negs and about $8 for slide developing only, same the scan is about $5-6 per roll or sheet up to 4x5, i just process B&W at home and send colors to that lab, and i scan all my films up to 8x10[one day i hope] with my V750.