The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

120mm film to digital services

johnnygoesdigital

I'm curious about film to digital services here in the US. I'm looking to scan 120/220 film for the best quality. Obviously, there are pro's and con's with various companies, but just want to know what users think and recommend.
Thanks for any input.

johnnygoesdigital

Thanks to all for the response. My next question is...Can anyone recommend the best B/W 120mm film that produces the best lowest grain possible. These would be for gallery prints and need to be around 50-125 ISO.

johnnygoesdigital

Thanks,

I've decided to develop my own negs and print contact sheets. For crucial "gallery" prints, i'll send my keepers to a drum scanner. Perhaps, I can save a little $ by doing it this way.

Thanks to all.

C

ColSebastianMoran

For excellent machine scans of 35mm and 120 film at a very reasonable price: Precision Camera in Austin TX or North Coast Photographic Services in San Diego.

These two services have made it a lot easier for me to enjoy shooting film.