The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NYC developers that still process chrome?

glee719

Hello,

Do any of you have experience with developers in NYC (or NJ) area that still does chrome? I have good experience with NCPS but they are mail order for me. Ideally I would like to find one in NYC or NJ so I can get them back faster.

Then maybe I will throw in C-41 too for convenience.

Many thanks.

B

Brian Puccio

I've been using CRC/Vista, you can find info here:

E-6 Film Processing NYC | NYC Film Processing Digital C Prints Gallery Mounting

I live on Long Island, just outside of Queens, so I'm in a similar position as you; I don't want to trek into the city once a month to get film developed, but would prefer to avoid shipping it across the country.

So far, I've been happy with their development. However, their site says they do type-r prints from slides. I sent in a few slides to get printed and received back digital-c prints. All they did was scan my slide and give me a lightjet. My GF stopped by (she's in the city more than me) and just asked about the service, the one guy the leave to man the counter on Saturdays didn't have a clue.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement, but then again, $8/roll and shipping that's essentially overnight since I'm a few miles away and nicely developed slides and I'm hanging in there.