The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Omega LPL D6700 enlarger?

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...
Has anyone used the Omega LPL D6700 enlarger? What were your impressions of it? How was it for VC papers?

ReeRay

I owned the original LPL 6700 some 25 years ago. Pretty inovative in it's day as it was a diffused light source as opposed to the normal condensed light. As such B+W negs printed lovely BUT with color I was always struggling with the subtractive dialling method. I mean, if I wanted more red I wanted to be able to dial IN red, not scratch my brain for it's opposite on the light spectrum.

I soon got used to it though and, coupled with a wonderful Rodenstock lens I acquired I was quite happy for many a year.

This is a scanned print produced from the LPL - maybe I could do better these days but 25 years ago I was on a learning curve!