The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New portfolio site

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Hi Carlos,
it's very nice and the larger size photos are better than usually seen on Flash sites, even @ 1920*1200 pix resolution on a 26" monitor. Transitions are smooth, and clean.

A couple of comments fwiw:
- ergonomy is not exactly intuitive, but it's ok and simple once you get the idea.
- as it is now a few words here and there would be welcome to give a more convivial feel... but surely it'll come in time :)
- talking about the full page features, too bad the main screen does not automatically come back in its standard, original size when you hit the "summary" button. But maybe it's a technical limit.

Good photos, good job! :thumbup:

Last edited:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Looks good. A couple of things:

- When I click on your name at the top, I'm directed to your blog. I would expect to get back to the first page. It may work better if the blog opens in a separate window/tab.

- You write: "Samples of my professional work". As a viewer (particularly if I were a potential client), I couldn't care less if you call yourself professional or not. Let the photos do the talking. They indeed do, in a very professional way :)

-You should absolutely add an "About me" and a "Contact me" page. Although the information is available on the blog, you probably lose half of the viewers on the way there. Some people are simply not interested in blogs, and won't even read the menu on that page.

- What software do you use for the presentation of the photos?

etrigan63

Corian & Jorgen,

thanks for the tips and recommendations.

* I will activate the rollover text on the images as soon as I get all of that data filled in.
* The screen resizing issue may be dealt with in the next version currently in beta.
* The software I used is SlideShow Pro for Lightroom and SlideShow Pro Director for the backend.
* I will see what I can do to add some links to my "About Me" page and Contact info.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
A common problem when using this kind of software. It's clean and good looking but kinda closed feature wise. Each time you want to add anything on the pages you often have to get into say, less-than-optimized hard source code.

(it's the case for PS galleries, the hard way)