The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Oregon Workshop Images

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
@JLM >> John,

You have an outstanding number of winners! Too many to quote, but I really like lighthouse, the moon seascape, the 3-shot stitch, the pier framing the heron, vines on trees and all of the Fort Point series! You will be printing for the next three months :ROTFL:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Bob,

Really like the Gold Beach rock shot -- nice colors; path in the forest -- great composition with the leading line; first Alexander composition and processing -- :thumbs:; and finally, that bit on the Silverado trail looks like the same stop you and I made last year?

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Terry,

Really like your sunken boat -- and it will make a great print after a bit more localized processing ;). Hanging grapes is classic, and the clover and fern shot is super. Sky through the trees type shots are so overdone by photographers that I skipped over yours the first time. But on second glance I think it is perhaps the best of these I've seen from a compositional POV, especially with the way you framed the sky. So with a bit of careful local work think it deserves to be printed too! :thumbs" Great captures!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Bob,

Really like the Gold Beach rock shot -- nice colors; path in the forest -- great composition with the leading line; first Alexander composition and processing -- :thumbs:; and finally, that bit on the Silverado trail looks like the same stop you and I made last year?
Thanks, Jack,
Yup, same place as last year, a little different date, a little different light.
-bob

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
See even than it is false advertising. It's a Elk not even a mouse never mind a Moose.

Just don't look for the rats. LOL

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
This is exceptional. Do you remember if you were WO or did you stop down a bit? Alas, I'm stuck with this old technology, too.:ROTFL:
Hi Cindy, sorry about the delay in responding. I was at f/2.0 or 2.8 (if I remember correctly). I think your Summarex is a little better wide open than mine, from what I have seen posted.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Hi Cindy, sorry about the delay in responding. I was at f/2.0 or 2.8 (if I remember correctly). I think your Summarex is a little better wide open than mine, from what I have seen posted.
Mine went for a visit to Don Goldberg. I asked him to calibrate it for wide open.
You sure can't complain about yours. That is a nice shot.

There are so many fantastic photos from this workshop from everyone.

cmb_

Jack - I got home late last night and I am going through the images today. Some quick processing on most today, some I'll play around with a little more, and then I'll try to fine tune a few for printing. It is really nice to see all the images from everyone on the many threads from the trip. I am really learning quite a bit from reading the threads and looking at everyones images. After being there, I have a feel for the locations and the light that was available at the times we were shooting these spots. So it is nice to see everyones images, their take on the locations and choices for subject matter given those locations and the light, and how they are handling the processing. Nice place this forum!

cmb_

I had a chance to shoot the P65+ in Oregon. Many thanks to Dave and Doug from Capture Integration for providing this opportunity!!!

Please keep in mind that I have not shot this back before so surely the files are not optimized both at the capture end and the processing end so the images may not be entirely representative of the files this back can produce. I will say that as I push the sliders around the files seem impervious to destruction.

Here is one to start, I'll try to process more later (need to give my poor little computer a rest after just crunching one of these big files!).

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Maybe time to move up Charlie. LOL

I hit the gym today and realized one thing for sure . Workshop food puts on weight. Gained 5 pounds so new warning goes out. NO MORE FISH AND CHIPS.:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

cmb_

:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Yeah, AND he added an order of fried shrimp to that order IIRC!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

Then on top of that we handed him a piece of Chocolate fudge with walnuts. Despite the fact that we were good to him and got him the sugar free they somehow managed to pack 1 1/2 lbs of butter into a 1/4 lb piece of fudge! :eek:

And don't tell us you shared most of it!!! :bugeyes:

cmb_

A couple from a beautiful foggy/rainy morning on the beach in Bandon. No sunrise to be seen but the light was wonderful for me. P20+, Alpa 12 SWA.