The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Tango in Paris

emmawest72

Hi,

This is was taken at Place des Vosges in Paris quite some years ago and remains until today probably my favorite of my photographs. It was a pure candid moment as I was out walking with friends and came upon this couple practising tango.
Taken with a Hexar AF and Kodak 400cn.

Hope you will enjoy.

Lloyd

Hi,

This is was taken at Place des Vosges in Paris quite some years ago and remains until today probably my favorite of my photographs. It was a pure candid moment as I was out walking with friends and came upon this couple practising tango.

Hope you will enjoy.
What a terrific image. Brilliant.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
Absolutely wonderful !
You really caught a moment, William.
Or an eternity.

Dale Allyn

It's a wonderful image. Not only a great capture of the moment, but strong composition, lovely light, great movement, and a sense of concentration and feeling on their faces... Congrats.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Place des Vosges at the arcade on the East side.
Under these arches many a moment has been transformed by lens to image.
This particular picture looks like it was taken somewhat before the Clinton's were hosted by Jacques Chirac at l'Ambroisie when the day before all the graffiti was systematically removed from the route leading up to the restaurant as well as remnants of chewing gum stripped from the sidewalk which undeoubetedly would have interfered with the elegant steps of the pictured dancers. Unlike the Clintons, the couple did not sup on saumon nor did they sip champagne before their danse à deux. It looks like these dancers of les nuits parisiennes ate humbler fare but none the less, enjoyed each other and the night together.
Evocative shot.
-bob

PeterA

Superbo deluxo - sincere congratulations on the candid 'street shot'. the expression on the womans face combined with the blur on one leg makes the shot.

pete

shtarka1

Hi,

Hope you will enjoy.

This image is so far up there on every level of Brilliance! Takes your breath away! Stupendous!

sonomichele

Fabulous, I doubt if you had been able to plan the shot it would have turned out as nice. One of those decisive moments...

J

Jamesmd

love it , beautiful image and moment .

thanks for sharing .

james