The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Poipet – 57 minutes and 19 seconds

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I spent 57 minutes and 19 seconds taking photos in Poipet this morning, reluctantly at first, but as the sun started to penetrate the dusty air, the process became increasingly enjoyable. I haven't edited them yet, so I don't know much about what's there, but just for fun, I'll post whatever I'm happy with in this thread.

All photos with the S5 and Nikkor 85mm f/1.8, somewhere between f/1.8 and 2.8.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
That's a fine series of a city awakening in delicate morning light, Jorgen. Beautiful lightings.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Excellent series Jorgen, especially considering the limited amount of time :thumbs:

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thanks all. David, I knew I could count on you ;)

This was kind of an experiment. I like taking photos in the morning in places I travel to, but it's a challenge, since the morning disappears fast sometimes, and I may never come back to take photos of the morning at that particular place.

As for Poipet, I've taken morning photos several times, but this time I gave my self a challenge; I limited myself to one hour with one lens only, ending at the Thai-Cambodian border and trying to get as many usable images as possible within that time frame. Hopefully, exercises like this will enable me to see motives faster, before they disappear, and take better photos in the future, so that I can expand my (very useful :rolleyes: ) collection of morning photos from Asia.