The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

funfair picture advice needed

naoip

Hi great forum!! I wanted to say hello to everyone first so hello!

I'm (very) new to photography and have been using my new GRD1, i took this picture at a local funfair..As you can see the fluorescent light as made a ugly glare on the top right puppet,what should i of done to prevent this?

thks in advances andy

ps i hope this files ok and correct size please delete if i've broke any rules :eek:

Last edited:

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
reduced the exposure by about two stops and then filled the backlit subjects in post processing or
composed with a different background if it was possible.
-bob

naoip

Hi thks Mike and Bob..Are there any tips for shooting with a fluorescent light in the background?

I went back the following night but it was all packed away, i wanted to try the fluorescent option on the camera, but missed my chance :rolleyes:

thks for the advice :thumbup:
andy

jaapv

Subscriber Member
It has not much to do with the type of light, but with the intensity of the light. That is glare through blown highlights.
You can do one of three things:
1. Compose differently
2. Expose for the highlights/ underexpose the rest of the photograph and correct the shadows in postprocessing
3. Accept the photograph as it is, as I would do.

The fluorescent option on your camera is something quite different. That will balance the colour of your photograph as well as it can for fluorescent light. But as your automatic white balance seems to have done a good job on the original shot, I doubt you would see much difference.

Last edited: