The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Salton Sea Workshop IR images

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well I am here scouting before hand and went through Joshua Tree yesterday and thought I would start this thread with a couple quick shots. I will wait for everyone to get here so they can post there images but thought I would share a couple to start. GF1 IR camera here. I have more scouting to do this morning before Jack, Terry and Bob get here so I will head out to Anza Borrego and Salton Sea this morning. I processed these in C1 with a sepia style than converted to 50 percent B&W from one of Jacks actions

T

tokengirl

Lovely tones.

I sometimes have a hard time with digital IR, mainly because there's no grain I think.

F

FStopIan

Nice images Guy, the bush on the branches works good with your processing.

Terry

When Jack and Guy drove us up to the motel to unload our gear, I must say my jaw hung open for a few minutes. However, once inside ..... wow.....

OK just kidding....

Joan

LOL Nice digs, Terry! Can't wait to see what you all will do with your IR cameras. I haven't been out shooting in ages, just selling off gear. :( Maybe I'll finally get to try out my 'new' (thanks again, Bob!) D-Lux 4 this afternoon.

Very cool stuff, Guy. Bring 'em on, everyone, I need some inspiration! Wish I could be out there with you.