The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Salton Sea Workshop - Images

V

Vivek

Couple from Joshua Tree all P40+ files

My apologies for bringing back these earlier shots into the thread.

Those are very very impressive to me. Really made an impact. I keep looking at them. Can't expand on that any further.

Lovely, Guy!:thumbs:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
My apologies for bringing back these earlier shots into the thread.
The plant is called a Cholla and is just plain nasty for such a cute "teddy bear" looking plant. We had two folks from Arizona on the trip that swear the balls will jump off the plant and grab you if you get closer than about 2 inches. Fortunately we also had an ex-Navy pilot who lives in New Mexico that debunked that, but cautioned not to touch any part of them at all or they would stick. Regardless of the warnings, after that shoot ALL of us were using my pair of needle-nosed pliers to pull spines out of our shoes and off our clothing...

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
The plant is called a Cholla and is just plain nasty for such a cute "teddy bear" looking plant. We had two folks from Arizona on the trip that swear the balls will jump off the plant and grab you if you get closer than about 2 inches. Fortunately we also had an ex-Navy pilot who lives in New Mexico that debunked that, but cautioned not to touch any part of them at all or they would stick. Regardless of the warnings, after that shoot ALL of us were using my pair of needle-nosed pliers to pull spines out of our shoes and off our clothing...
Jack we tell that to the winter visitors so they pack there stuff and go the hell home. It's a old desert trick :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I had sushi for dinner last night... You know, the old saying about falling off the horse and such. Think I'll go grab a tuna sandwich for lunch...