The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Salton Sea Workshop - Images

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Mike,

You make that look so cute you could just reach out and pet it!

:ROTFL: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
It's really nice Roger except it does not have a slot for vertical so aiming straight down you can't do. This is the P1 and there is a smaller PO which Terry and Bob have. But very very solid

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
And as you can see, even the weeds don't do well that close to that water...

T

tetsrfun

Well after looking at all of the interesting images from the Salton Sea, I may do a little road trip to Southern AZ and S. Ca. Are there any access issues in the more interesting spots around the Salton Sea, ie an SUV is advisable or will a low clearance car be OK? Also if traveling from Tuscon is the I-8 or I-10 better for photography?

Steve

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Steve, a normal car will be fine for most places, just don't venture too far off any main roads -- lot's of pot-holes, broken glass, nails chunks of metal, etc. Also note that many of the "cities" in and around the Salton Sea still have residents, the area is (very) depressed economically, and like any other similar area one needs to exercise caution when photographing there, especially if doing so alone -- so be extra careful! The 10 has the advantage of taking you right past the South entrance to Joshua Tree NP.