The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Share your Tree Photos

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
I've admired this thread and the photos in it for a long time. I don't have anything to match the calibre of your posts, but I'm wondering if you could take a moment to comment on an alternative process I've been working on. It happens to involve a shot of a tree, so technically eligible. I won't describe the process but instead, would appreciate your honest reaction.

Image A, a fairly typical (for me) conversion:

Image B, same capture with a few changes to the process:

Thanks!
Tim

routlaw

Been wanting to get in on this excellent thread for awhile now, finally getting off my duff and doing it.

St Marys Lake Glacier NP with D3, Rainbow in Jellystone NP with D2x, Long Canyon Grandstaircase-Escalante NM 4x5 velvia

Thanks for looking.

Rob

Last edited:

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Been wanting to get in on this excellent thread for awhile now, finally getting off my duff and doing it.

St Marys Lake Glacier NP with D3, Rainbow in Jellystone NP with D2x, Long Canyon Grandstaircase-Escalante NM 4x5 velvia

Thanks for looking.

Rob

Thank you Rob for posting your great images .
DSC0030_sepia , the rainbow is beautiful . It looks like a painting .:thumbs:
I am thinking of David Caspar Friedrich .

routlaw

Thank you Rob for posting your great images .
DSC0030_sepia , the rainbow is beautiful . It looks like a painting .:thumbs:
I am thinking of David Caspar Friedrich .
Thanks Jurgen appreciate the comments. Likewise I have been enjoying all of the post on this subject since its start, some great photographs throughout the thread yours included!

Rob

cs750

I've admired this thread and the photos in it for a long time. I don't have anything to match the calibre of your posts, but I'm wondering if you could take a moment to comment on an alternative process I've been working on. It happens to involve a shot of a tree, so technically eligible. I won't describe the process but instead, would appreciate your honest reaction.

Image A, a fairly typical (for me) conversion:

Image B, same capture with a few changes to the process:

Thanks!
Tim
Tim, I have no great experience, but like image A the best. Charles

cs750

Thanks for looking.

Rob
Rob, I like all the images...but the sepia toned with the light shaft is to me the best. Charles

routlaw

Rob, I like all the images...but the sepia toned with the light shaft is to me the best. Charles
Thanks Charles, for what ever reason this one seems to always hit a chord with people. Appreciate the comments.

Tetsrfun: very nice on the Blue Ridge and Fog image!

Rob

L

Lucian_rider

Unidentified tree in St. Lucia, West Indies. This was taken in the very north of the island during the dry season when many of the trees loose their leaves.

JBurnett

Wow. I can't believe I missed such an awesome thread for more than a year! Trees are one of my favourite subjects, and there are some stunning photos of them here.

The Survivor (County Kerry, Ireland):

Shelter (Connemara, Ireland):

Ribbon of Ivy (Ontario, Canada):