The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Some Flower Shots

monza

These tiny little stars are like carpet, only an inch or so above the ground.

All of these with Contax 645, Planar 80/2

Knorp

@Peter (M5-Guy): beautiful close-ups
@Robert (Monza): is this film ? if so what film ?

thanks and kind regards.

M5-Guy

| summilux 1:1.4/75mm | m9 |
cropped
WOW... Excellent Faux macro. Maybe I can do Macro with a future M9...And sell my DSLR when I get it. I do love Macro work. My 90 Cron goes to 1m, is that enough?
How close did you focus before the crop?

Knorp

WOW... Excellent Faux macro. Maybe I can do Macro with a future M9...And sell my DSLR when I get it. I do love Macro work. My 90 Cron goes to 1m, is that enough?
How close did you focus before the crop?
Hi Peter,
for true macro, experts may differ here, the 90 macro-elmar is the lens.
But to get real close and higher reproduction ratios with the M-system, you need a visoflex and even the bellows.

Regarding the distance to that tulip, I guess it was somewhere between 0,75 and 0,85 mtr, very close to it's minimum focussing limit. Here's the orginal shot.

Kind regards.

Last edited:

M5-Guy

Hi Peter,
for true macro, experts may differ here, the 90 macro-elmar is the lens.
But to get real close and higher reproduction ratios with the M-system, you need a visoflex and even the bellows.

Regarding the distance to that tulip, I guess it was somewhere between 0,75 and 0,85 mtr, very close to it's minimum focussing limit. Here's the orginal shot.

Kind regards.
Yeah, that's why I have a 105mm Macro for my DSLR....
But, Still, excellent image... I saw this some where else the other day.... Oh Yeah... A DPR Leica Challenge hosted by Pbase....

My only concern with an M9 is back focus with most of the lenses I own... the 28/2 Ultron and 35mm/1.4 Nokton.. My 50/1.1 Nokton, I believe is ok, it is a later version I think. But, it may year before I can get an M9. I need to sell a Decorative Crystal Frog collection I inherited to help finance it.

jonoslack

Lovely shots from everyone
Here are three with the A900 and 24-70 (first two - third with the 100mm macro) from last weekend:

Knorp

Very special close-ups, Jono. There is always something about them, but it could be me ... :eek: ;) Must be so convenient to get real close to your subjects without aid like with the M-system. If one could only afford an s2 plus macro-lens ... :(

| visoflex-3 | bellows-2 | tele-elmar 1:4.0/135mm | m9 |

Kind regards.

jonoslack

HI Bart
Thank you!
That rose is gorgeous. Yes, wouldn't it be lovely to afford an S2, but you do a splendid job with the M9 and the bellows. Personally I'm much too lazy to both with anything as sophisticated as a tripod, let alone a Visoflex.

all the best

scho

Iris are now in blossom. Couple of shots with the Panny G2 and Contax G 45mm f/2 Planar at f/8.